Sign in to follow this  
Guest poschrob

flap sound

Guest poschrob

hi,I've got the flap sound from the WAR 777 video and I'd really like to use it with my pss 777.could anyone help me? what tools do I need in order to use it?regardsRobp.s. I've also searched but without any useful result.

Guest NormanB

Rob,The sound I think you are looking for is FSDIRAircraftPSSB77704soundBMFLAPS.wav

Guest poschrob

hi Norman,I know that there's a flap sound but in my opinion it doesn't sound realistic.just compare it with the flap sound of two competitor add-on aircraft developers: in the cockpit, when selecting the flaps, you only hear the clicks.I've never been in a real cockpit but have seen lots of cockpit videos and you can ONLY hear those clicks.that's the reason why I'd like to use the flap sound I've got from the World air routes 777 (ual) dvd.regardsRob

Guest NormanB

See thats the old devil and deep blue see thing ;) Research showed that folk didn't like just the click sound but wanted to hear a "flap deploying" sound so we did that. We model the quiet flight deck (like it is in real life) and people want to know why they can't hear the APU etc.

Guest poschrob

O.k, I understand that, but in any airplane, if you move the flap lever, you always hear the click as it happens on the pedestal!

Guest theundertaker1998

Basically people complain that theres no sounds in the 777 flight deck..But yet they dont understand is that PSS did the 777 off a real one...So pss tries to please everyone and people still complain..Win Lose or Draw LOLJames

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.