Sign in to follow this  

Aircraft still unsteady when landing

Rayek:I have found that a slower approach speed and a decreased angle to the localiser helps alot. ATC should be giving you a good angle anyway or the STAR should be that way. I have been modifiying the legs of the flightplan to accomodate this.Hope that helps.RegardsRick

Guest amsterdamer

Hi, I even though I have installed the new patch for the 777 professional, when I am attemting to auto land the aircraft the aircraft keeps of weaving left to right making it an unsteady touch down, I thought that this is one of the things that the new patch will fix but obviously it hasnt, is anybody else experiencing this problem, if so can you provide me with a solution please in order for a smooth steady approach, thanks.Rayek.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gif http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e62/ritz...tishAirways.jpg http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e62/ritzer82/untitled.jpg

Guest NormanB

Hi Rayek,Whilst no consolation, I did a great autoland into Manchester an hour ago from New York in the 772LR.

Guest Remotec

I too have had this problem.On approach into EGKK the otherday using Auto Land there was a slight non-gusting cross wind. The control wheel was going left and right, left and right trying to correct it. I personally believe that the aircraft is to "twitchy" in certain configurations. When hand flying you can often turn past where you intended to meaning a correction. Maybe the AP Auto Land is experiencing the same thing.

Norman,This may see a silly question but as far as I can tell, there is NO YAW DAMPER on the 772LR. Do you press CTRL-D to activate the yaw damper during the final approach and does this really activate it? It is hard for me to tell if the yaw damper is on or off after pressing CTRL-D. Hence, a possible cause for the "twitchy" landings on autopilot perhaps?John

Guest GVViking

>Hi Rayek,>>Whilst no consolation, I did a great autoland into Manchester>an hour ago from New York in the 772LR. Today I did an Autolanding on RWY 4L EKCH. I had 7 knots wind in from 1 o'clock.I did not use reversing, I needed a long rollout.At touchdown the AC slided smoothly to the right. I ended up on the grass. I tried to correct with rudder,it did not help anything. Below 50 knts the AC became controlable again.This sliding feels like landing in soap or on ice. Cant control it at all.I dont remember it sliding to the left, I think it is always to the right. Maybee somebody have had a left slide.Gvviking

Guest britair

Hi I had this problem until I disabled the z key in the a/c confignow all landings are on the runway with no skidding even with the 12knt crosswind I had into St Petersburg (real Weather in use). There is a message on the forum on how to disable the z key but due to time constraints (wife says it time for bed)I haven't been able to find it. best wishes Brian.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.