Sign in to follow this  
Guest eko

New freeware Twin Otter

Which one are you referring to? The Canadian Air Force version?

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Yes, I downloaded it today. It is totally great. Finally we have a DHC-6 model as good as the best of the best. They did a great job on everything! The external texture are very detailed and the virtual 3D cockpit panel and interior views are extremely good.I have payware and freeware planes and I can honestly say that this version of the Twin Otter is as good as any, one of the best and a must have!!

Guest eko

Yes, but this is not a completely "new" Otter.Eric's Otter has been released for quite a while, these new ones have upgraded exterior and interior texture by Mauricio. (There is also a French Air Force and Chilean Air Force versions he did.)The new interior textures are truly the best improvement from Eric's original. Mauricio has "painted" the entire interior of Eric's Otter, including the virtual cockpit.Eric's Otter was truly magnificent when first released, with Mauricios textures, they are absolutely some of the best freeware you can possibly get. Payware quality, for sure.

Guest Franken

It is a magnificent looking airplane with simply beautiful looking exterior and interior. I really really like this otter, but I wish that someone with know-how would be so kind as to do something about the airfile.. It pitches up and down like a bouncing-ball which makes it no fun to fly at all. :( With a proper airfile this craft would be at the very top of my must-fly list - honestly.Regards,

Guest eko

Hmmm... I take that back about these Otters having been released already.It seems that these are two new models by Eric. A short nose, and a ski version, both of which were not available before. WOOHOO!!Now we patiently wait for the Amphibian. :-)

Guest Moghdad

Shouldn't this be easy to fix? Are there better freeware airfiles available? It also uses those annoying stock King Air sounds, but I know that there are better sounds available with the Blaisdell (sp?) Otters. Can someone with the know-how tell me how to alias these?

Guest Franken

>Shouldn't this be easy to fix? Are there better freeware >airfiles available? It also uses those annoying stock King >Air sounds, but I know that there are better sounds >available with the Blaisdell (sp?) Otters. Can someone with >the know-how tell me how to alias these? This I think I can help you with. Get the excellent sounds by Aaron K. Swindle (prosnd-1.zip and prosnd-2.zip) and unzip these into a directory called prosnd22 (or something like that) in your X:/FS2002/aircraft directory. Should look like this: X:/FS2002/aircraft/prosnd22. Then edit the sound.cfg of the Otter by removing alias=BEECH_KING_AIR_350sound and adding: alias=prosnd22Should be as simple as that. :)Regards,

Guest Moghdad

Thanks! Do you know of any good Otter air files?

Guest jason2112

I can't unzip the file I got from AVSIM (dhc-6_caf_nez-court.zip) with the standard WinXP unzip method. Is this an incompatibility with another Zipping-Program or a damaged upload? I have downloaded it twice, and always the same problem.Any help available?Bye,VOlker :]

I don't know, Volker. I downloaded it and it unzipped with no problem. Try using WinZip (there's a trial version) and see if that works. It worked for me.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest jason2112

Thank you, Bill! Either there's some incompatibility between certain ZIP-programs, or my XP is damaged. I have seen several ZIPs in the last few weeks that I could not open. Strange ...Bye,VOlker :]

Guest eko

WOOHOO!!!The amphibian is OUT! Check the libraries! Wheel, Ski, Float, AND Amphibian all available!I am in Otter heaven!Simply search for "Dantes" and you will get all the hits.