Sign in to follow this  
philbrown

PSS Staff: Load Editor

I have asked time and time again and still had no definite reply as to whether or not a load editor that can alter the cargo load will ever be released.Is a new version of the load editor, where I can edit cargo loads manually going to be released or not? And if it is, when?I have massive problems with speed on departure because the aircraft is so light. A maximum load with the supplied editor, I am still 60T short of the MZFW, and it causes the 777 to take off like a rocket. Theres no hope in #### of maintaining V2 - I think the best I can manage is about V2+30, and thats climbing at some 5000fpm!

Phil,I too would like to be able to cfg cargo loads, and asked the same question re the loader probably before you did.Meantime - are you derating? Just like thereal bird you really HAVE to dial back the t/o power on those big GEs when light - at least that's what the experts have said. I've no problem with runaway speed when I do.regards,Markhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/mar.../sup_banner.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Yes I am derating - all the way to 60*C!Being light is the main problem I feel - I just can't get the thing heavy unless I'm on a 12 hour leg.

Guest Knikolaes

Just did a flight -- I have the default loadouts and only 15% fuel on board due to the very short trip (KPUB to KDEN). Flaps 5 takeoff and did everything by the manual. My climbout was a very comfy 3000 fpm to maybe 4000 fpm. No derates were even used . . . I hand flew it and just followed the flight director.Also -- as for the load editor -- in FS all of the catagories are marked so you can arrange your loadout any way you wish. I still haven't played with mine, but I have looked at the screen and everything is very clearly marked. If you use that, note the numbers and then use the spreadsheets provided in the aircraft folders, you can figure your fuel and CG% easily :-)Hope this helps. Doesnt take me much time at all to flight plan this way.Chris

Thanks Chris, I'll give it a go.What I am wondering about is your climb rate. Even with maximum derate I find the speed increases at a huge rate, and requires climb rates in excess of 4000fpm to keep the air speed stable until passing the acceleration height and climb thrust kicks in.Were you aiming to maintain V2+something after departure until accel height, or just climbing at 3000fpm and letting the speed increase as I find it does?

Guest Knikolaes

Hmmm. Okay before takeoff do you press LNAV and VNAV so it is active on takeoff? if so, when VNAV kicks in your engines adjust to their power settings right at the acceleration altitude.If VNAV and LNAV are not activated, then on takeoff you will keep at the TO/GA speed which is indeed powerful as all heck -- this bird will get your passengers some serious thrill if you leave TO/GA on **laughs -- that would be a cool site) :-)

I'll give it a try with the flight you mentioned and report back. I can't seem to find these spreadsheets of which you speak. Where are they?

Guest Knikolaes

In the aircraft folders themselves. For example, in the folder:PSS-B772LRYou will find the spreadsheet:B777-200LR PAX LOAD SHEETHope that helps.

Hi, Christopher, are you still using the pre patch version?The spreadsheets are not there anymore, after the patch (I think).Thanks.Miquel Egea.

Guest Knikolaes

I am using the CD ROM version from Just Flight, with the patch applied . . . perhaps something in their installer version patched the plane but left the spreadsheets?If that is the case, I am VERY glad it did, because i am constantly finding them useful.If PSS gives me permission, I'd be happy to send the spreadsheets to you, but I would need Norman, Graham or someone from the team to post permission here first, because I take very seriously the respect of developers and their files :-)

Guest NormanB

Christopher,They were not included with the patched version since it had the load editor.I have made them available in user edits on an as is basis - ie no support on them.

I've noticed that in the aircraft.cfg file, the arm moment position for container P1 is 0, yet in the spreadsheet it's 40. Which is correct please?I'm thinking as P2 is at 10, the spreadsheet is correct.

Guest NormanB

In real life an aircraft has a point around which it balances (several actually but a forum post isn't enough to go into detail. The distance from this, and therefore its effect on trim (ie the arm moment position) is defined as a figure, which in your example is 40.To have these set at their real world position for any add on manufacturer results in nothing short of a support nightmare and is why many of us bring these values closer than they should to make the chances of the aircraft being out of trim negligable.The load editor is aimed at the masses and is why the spreadsheet is provided "as is."Edited to add:No, this wont have any real effect on your maintaining V2.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.