Sign in to follow this  
Guest jwende

Zoom = slideshow out the front since the patch

Guest Ron Service

I tried removing the FSUPC dll module, but had other problems with functions not working, (like autothrottle), so I'm not sure yet whats happening with the rapidly fluctuating frame rates. I guess we need more feedback from more users.P4 2.4 gig, 1gig mem,Radeon 9600XT.Ron

I have no FSUIPC Loggin Function active.I

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

Hope a fix can be found for this frame rate issue soon. I really like this plane but the single and low teen frame numbers are making a flight in this aircraft very painful. Get these kind of frames with no weather and next to no AI traffic.Do not have this issue with any other aircraft. As stated above, did not have this problem before the patch.Regards,Joe

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Prior to the patch, I was very pleased with performance.Since the patch I began noticing that despite good framerates in the 20's with No VC cockpit, there is severe stuttering, (slide show at slow rate) out the front, but not out either side view. This very much degrades the experience for me.Troubleshooting I find.1. Lowering the frame rates on the guage performance does not solve the issue. 2. Zooming a guage, and in particular the left sided primary flight display seems to be the main culprit, but keeping all the guages in their minimized state helps. With non zoom I can run the PFD at 18 fps with little stutter out the window.I wonder if there is any explanantion or solution for this?Do others noted the same thing? Especially since the patch?Greg

Greg Clark

Guest Midnight LS1

Same problem here too.

Is this issue dead? I would like to have this bird but not if this frame rate problem still exists. No response from PSS since 5-7. What's going on?Owen

Guest NormanB

No response in this thread doesn't mean we are hoping the problem goes away.A number of solutions are currently being investigated.

Well, it is good to know that this is not a dead issue. I have had to hanger this aircraft due to this problem. Hope a resolution will be forthcoming fairly soon.Regards,Joe

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Norm,I downloaded the beta FSUIPC 3.615 because it solves a bug in Radar Contact, and notice with the version an improvement in frame rates, and much less stuttering out the front.The stuttering or microfreezing which detracts from impression of smoothness is what I was originally concerned about. I do not know if this will help or not.I am sure each system is different.I have never owned a registered version, but this beta is for some reason a full version of FSUIPC that will expire in July. Don't know if there should be any difference between function of a registered or unregistered version of whether something about this version improves things. I am using the defaults anyway.Glad to see though that you folks continue to work on this.Greg

Greg Clark

Guest Ruahrc

Please read my insights into this problem which I put up in a different thread:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=12755&page=Initially when I first got the 777 (very soon after its initial release) I found the package to be unacceptable and thus quickly removed it from my system until the patch was completed. Therefore, I do not have any experience with the old gauges and bahavior of the panel. Nevertheless, I can clearly see a drop in fps when I "zoom" the panel (or zoom any display gauge), and I accredit it to the fact that the smaller version of those gauges still are rendered on the screen. When I close the zoom my performance goes back up.While I think that the problems people are experiencing are not maybe 100% attributable to inefficient panel rendering, it can't be helping the situation either. What do you guys think?If you do happen to ever fix the gauge performance problem, also please consider fixing the duplicate gauges upon zoom "feature" as well.ThanksRuahrc

Guest flytrumpet1

Hi,I just purchased the plane yesterday,i read about those FPS issues,but decided to give it a go anyway.I am positive that PSS will find a solution for this and it'll turn out beeing a great addon.Just to add my experience if it can help,i fly all the other addons(PMDG 744,737,LDS767)and they all give me FPS close to 30,when using the 777 it drops to about 13-15.Good job on the plane and good luck finding a fix.RegardsRichard Simoneau

I sure do hope that a fix for this issue is soon to come. I pulled the 777 out of the hanger last nite, (after a long while) and was again dissapointed by the very poor frame rates I have been getting since the patch. I know all the hype is with the 757, but I really would like to see this problem fixed. It really drags down what I think is otherwise a great add-on.Thanks and regards,Joe

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Guest NormanB

Joe,Im not currently at my own machine so dont have access to my notes. Can you check in your modules folder for a dll with a filename that includes the word TCAS. Sadly I cant recall the full name right now but I and others have found it was clashing with the 777.

Norman,I looked in my modules folder and the only file I found with TCAS in the title was: dsd_xml_tcas.dll Is that the one you are refering to?Please let me know when you get the chance. Thanks for your input.Regards,Joe

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.