Sign in to follow this  
Guest jwende

Zoom = slideshow out the front since the patch

That's the one! I removed that file and my frame rates went back to normal.

Graeme Butler

Guest NormanB

Joe,>dsd_xml_tcas.dll Is that the one you are refering to?Yes, that is the one! I don't know what packages it comes with, except it wasnt put there by us.

Guest flytrumpet1

Hi all,I too have the FPS problem,and was getting very depressed that nobody had a solution yet.I now read that a file in the module folder could be causing the problem.That makes me happy(if it works)but also makes me wonder if removing that file won't screw everything else up.Can anybody confirm that removing this file won't affect my other addons?I'm now reinstalling the 773ER to check out that tip.Richard

Removing the file solved my frame problems too! Not 100% sure, but this file might be the TCAS module from CLS A340 panel?Toby

Guest flytrumpet1

I'm now flying the 773ER and the FPS are where i expect them to be with the other addons i have,26 locked at 26.Kudos to the person who found the problem.I wanted so bad to be able to fly the 777.I wasn't going to get the 772LR,but now that the FPS problem is solved i'm going to get it now.RegardsRichard

Took the suspect file out and that made all the difference! I have no clue where that file came from. I quess if I find another add-on that has a TCAS that is now inop. I will know.Thanks for the help on solving this problem.Regards,Joe

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Sorry folks, but this file is not in my modules folder and the problem remains unsolved for me.I don't see this as being a general fix.I cannot figure out why this is taking so long.GLC

Greg Clark

Guest NormanB

>I cannot figure out why this is taking so long.Because none of us are seeing it? Sorry if it sounds flippant - its not meant that way, however the basics are that the only common cause we have seen is through this dll file.

Norman,My fps drops by about 50% with the 2D panel when looking in cockpit view as opposed to side views.Greg

Greg Clark

Guest jinzo012

Thank You so much! I've had irregular framerates in the 777 for a loooong time, and now all is well.Thanks again- Kevin

Guest Steve_Park

Seem's that everyone was just guessing about the subject .dll module, so I ask the developers of the A340 and this was the answer I got:thHi Steve,The simple answer is yes, dsd_xml_tcas.dll is part of our package. Module Version 2.31It was fully tested and did not cause problems, although not tested with the aircraft you are having problems with.It was not a problem with a lot of other aircraft, so I wonder why it causes suggested conflicts with this particular aircarft. The author of the module advises: Have you got a whole lot of AI aircraft on the go. The more aircraft there are in the air, the harder this module works. Ensure that the "AlwaysOn" option set to 0 (zero) in the dsd_xml_tcas.ini file in the Modules folder. This will keep the module inactive when it is not needed.I hope this is helpful to you.cheers,nickFYI, I do have this A340 from this company installed and had that .dll in my modules folder, but removeing it did not change my FPS at all, so still some digging to do for the people that are having all the FPS problems with the T7.Cheers,Steve Park

Guest Midnight LS1

I have moved the dsd_xml_tcas.ini and the dsd_xml_tcas.dll out of the modules folder into an temp folder for troubleshooting and the slideshow effect is still there but it's a bit better than what it was before. I do have the CLS A340 too.

I have also a serious slowing down in the frame-rates when I use the Zoom panel. But I do not have and never had that famous module (dsd_xml_tcas.dll ).I think the slow-down is due to the fact that when choosing the zoom panel, the original windows are not closed (like it is done in the Pss Airbusses). The Zoom is simly an overlay, so the original windows are still there and consuming Cpu.Guy

If that were the case I think everyone would be complaining about this issue. I have no problems (now that I have removed the famous tcas module), with my fps locked at 25, I get 24.5 in the normal panel, and only a marginal impact with the zoom panel (23.5).My system is AMD Dual Opteron 248 with 2 Gb RAM.

Graeme Butler

hello all,i removed the CLS A346 and everything works now fine with me... Got 23-25FPS in VC with WX-Radar on...It looks so good and it is a dream flying the T7 once again, as it was before the patch...So far, i hope that the CLS346 was causing the problem...kind regardsJan Koehne Germany (EDDV)

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.