Sign in to follow this  
Guest mongohumor

Sound changed?

For some reason, my normal start-up sounds have changed. When I start any of the PSS aircraft, I expect the usual cold and dark cockpit with the initial shutdown noises (bells warnings etc). Now I get engines running sound and can't even get ATC to talk. Any ideas?This happens with FS aircraft was well.I uninstalled everything and re-loaded so there must be an *.ini or registry entry causing this I'm thinking. But where?Bryan.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>there must be an>*.ini or registry entry causing this I'm thinking. But where?Bryan,Sorry to say that there are no ini settings or registry entries for anything to do with sound.Are you ensuring that the flight is started from the default Cessna flight?

Thank you for responding. Actually, after reading other posts, I ensured that the Cessna was in fact the default. It appears as though some setting not directly related to FS9 is the culprit. I say this because I totally purged FS9 (deleting the files and removing registry entries). I then reinstalled FS9 and my PSS Airbus, and 777 Pro sims as well as Traffic 2005.Let me restate the problem:If I load 'any' aircraft (even default FS9), the sound of the engine is running, even when I shut down the engine. In PSS aircraft, the same occurs and I can hear changes in throttle settings but when I shut down, the engine sound is still there.The only action that changed was me copying some flight plans from one user account to another (I'm setting up a games only account in XP sans unneeded drivers, etc.).It mystifies me...Bryan.

Sign in to follow this