Sign in to follow this  
opherben

B773ER CDU Freezes FS9.1

Hello,I have just returned from a long trip out of country, and took my newly upgraded B777-300ER out of the hangar for its first flight. Upon entering the CI during cockpit prep, FS9 froze, requiring forced shut-down. I have a stable modern PC running XPPro SP2 without any problems. The default flight was used for FS9.1 start-up. PSS advise would be appreciated.

Guest NormanB

Welcome back Opher - I had noticed that GULF_FSS on VATSIM has been lacking for a while.Re locking up, since the patch release a number of people have worked with us as you may have seen in a sticky post here to rectify this issue. Hopefully we are drawing to a conclusion on that. One for you to check, did the SID have a hard limit in it and at the same time had you a lower target altitude set on the MCP than this limit?

Hello Norman,while breathing through new forum posts prior to the subject flight attempt, I had not recognized that the CDU sticky post could be related to my case, otherwise I would have posted it there.The input SID had 2 altitude constraints (450A, 4000A) as shown below. MCP altitude was still at the default 10k feet.I will respond to the GULF_FSS note privately. {EDDH/WSR7G /RW33 /WSR}1,RW33,20,ALF04,53.694567,9.941281,ALF,CF,,332,0,4.0,0,0,0,0,+,453,0,01,RW33,30,,53.654200,9.595056,LBE,CR,,281,0,0,71,0,0,0, ,0,0,01,RW33,40,LBE,53.654200,9.595056,LBE,CF,,251,0,0,0,0,0,0, ,0,0,01,RW33,50,WSR,53.347658,8.875342,WSR,TF,,234,0,0,0,0,0,0,+,4000,0,02,RW33,10,WSR,53.347658,8.875342,WSR,IF,,0,,0,0,0,0,0, ,0,0,0 >Welcome back Opher - I had noticed that GULF_FSS on VATSIM>has been lacking for a while.>>Re locking up, since the patch release a number of people have>worked with us as you may have seen in a sticky post here to>rectify this issue. Hopefully we are drawing to a conclusion>on that. >>One for you to check, did the SID have a hard limit in it and>at the same time had you a lower target altitude set on the>MCP than this limit?

I have now managed to get one post-update flight out, and for fairness sake and for the record, the aircraft is handling nicely and there are currently no major issues on my system.Thanks PSS and all those whose comments helped achieve this. Enjoy your flights!

Guest NormanB

>I have now managed to get one post-update flight out, and for>fairness sake and for the record, the aircraft is handling>nicely and there are currently no major issues on my system.>Thanks PSS and all those whose comments helped achieve this.>Enjoy your flights!Opher,Given your real world background, your comments are much appreciated.Thanks,

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.