Sign in to follow this  
qnh

Legs shows wrong altitude

Just flying YPAD-YPDN with a CRZ ALT of FL380 set. Had a look at the LEGS page and noticed that some waypoints were showing FL420. What's going on?--qnhSylviaCharlieOwenTamaraTanya

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Did you have step climbs of ICAO set in the CDU?If so, when the aircraft is light enough, the legs page will display that as the cruise level, as you have asked the CDU to tell you when an ICAO step of 4000ft is avalible.Cheers

ok, I could understand that in VNAV but not in LEGS given that I have commanded a CRZ ALT of FL380.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Even if you ask it (CDU) to CRZ at FL380, the LEGS page will update with the most econmic cruise level, depending what you have set in the CDU regarding a step climb.If you don't want to step, you set 0 as the Step climb value in the CDU, if you want to step in line with RVSM, set the step to 2000 and if you want to step in line with ICAO, leave it as it is defualt in the CDU.To ConfirmThe LEGS page of the CDU will update with the most economic cruise FL, if you do not set the step climb in the VNAV page in the CDU to 0. If its set to ICAO or 2000ft or whatever you ask it to, the legs page will update to show when/if the step climb is avalible, the same will be on the progress page of the CDU it will show distance to go to the step, along with the Estimated time for it, or it should be blank or read NONE.Oviously at your weight you where light enough to get up to 420, I wouldn't recommend anything abouve FL410 with passengers, as thats the max service ceiling with PAX aboard.Cheers

Guest Sjaako

Oviously at your weight you where light enough to get up to 420, I wouldn't recommend anything abouve FL410 with passengers, as thats the max service ceiling with PAX aboard.Where did you find this?Cheerio Sjaako

Guest Phoenix 1

you didnt read his signature ??

He might not have but I did - and it includes "virtual".So I think that he was asking as he could not find it in the manuals for the virtual 777 .........BTW, there was a long thread some time ago about the service ceiling - mainly because in the original release you had to go into manual pressurisation in order to get there. I wonder if it was resolved with the patch - must check.John Rooum

Guest Sjaako

:-hmmmSjaako

Currently cruising at 42560 ft in auto-pressurisation which gives us a sensible margin for error above the max pax cruising ceiling. Altitude warning seems to occur at FL426 - this is still below the service ceiling and it would be interesting to know how the real 777 pressurisation is scheduled at these altitudes.However, another one quietly introduced in the patch to resolve a minor bug in the original release. Well done.John R

"you didnt read his signature ??"Unfortunately, that did not answer his question. I felt that, as it does not appear to be in the PSS 777 manuals, he was asking where Iain found this limit so he had a reference for future questions.And, of course, we are very fortunate in this forum to get a lot of data from real world 777 pilots and it is always interesting to see how closely the virtual performance matches the real world. Hence my interest in the Service Ceiling/Pressurisation Schedule discussion earlier this year.Sorry to step on toes.John R

>>If you don't want to step, you set 0 as the Step climb value>in the CDU, Iain,I normally input my '0' in the vnav crz page on other fmcs, but I have to do it at 'perf' page on the T7 - no big but just curious if this is normal?Trying to do it at vnav page "INVALID ENTRY' output, but the 0 is there after doing it from perf.vnav page will accept 'del' to reset ICAO, and 2000 for RVSM, but not '0'regards,Markhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/mar.../sup_banner.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.