Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

777LR - Takeoff Trim Settings?

I bought this program last night, and am overall pleased with my purchase. Didn't experience any showstopping bugs, all the systems seemed to be working in a stable fashion.However, I did encounter one major problem: the takeoff trim settings computed by the flight management computer seemed to be way off, significantly "undercalculating" trim settings, requiring a substantial amount of additional nose up trim after takeoff. Trim settings were computed using the c/g value suggested by the load editor. Did I miss a step here somewhere?thanks.As I said, overall I'm happy I bought this. The patch seems to have taken care of most of the issues. ricardo

Bump. could someone from support comment on this, please?ricardo

Guest pierre974

Take care of your center of gravity :-luke What was your CG for this takeoff ?

As I said in my original post:"Trim settings were computed using the c/g value suggested by the load editor."In fact, I did another flight last night and had to add 1.2 units of nose-up trim.ricardo

Guest nightbird

Check out this thread I started before the aircraft was patched.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...=8378&mode=fullTo be fair I think the aircraft rotates a little easier since the patch but I still don't trust give the computed trim settings. If you look outside the aircraft you will probrably see that horizontal stabiliser will be trimmed down a little instead of up. This could just be a visual error on the model, I have no idea if the 'visual' angle of the stabiliser will have any affect on the aircraft in FS2004. In the real world it would have a very real effect.Phil

Guest Phoenix 1

visually it wouls have zero effect, however the mdl is built with zero trim so something is amiss... we will look into it

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.