Sign in to follow this  
Guest brianlr

Noticed missing textures on all B772-LR flaps?

Hi everyoneI have noticed in the textures files that there are details which appear to be painted for the ends of the flaps but these do not appear to be mapped onto the model at all ... has anyone else noticed this? The ends of the flaps are plain grey rather than textured.The details I am referring to are in the top right of the file 'PSS-B772Gen_t', right beside the textures for the canoes. Am I correct in assuming these should be mapped onto the ends of the flaps?If so, how can the aircraft (or textures files) be modified to include these textures? Any ideas would be welcomed.Regards,Brian

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Brian,Ben is the one to answer this. You addressed it in another thread and I am sure he will reply later.

I didnt make that part of the texture, but i agree it looks like it should be for the ends of the flaps.however, as you can see below, comparing the texture with the UV Map, that part isn't mapped onto anything.http://bjones4.co.uk/temp/777.jpgAs for fixing it, thats down to Graham.

Thanks for that information - what are UV maps and how can one view them?Graham, any thoughts on fixing this small matter?Regards,Brian

The UV Map is the lower half of the image above, it shows you were evry polygon is in relation to the texture, so you can see the exact shape of parts, like in this case you can see what areas of the texture square are unused by the model etcYou can view them for any modeller with http://www.aircraftmanager.com/It lets you render the aircraft outside Flight Sim and from there, you can export the full set of maps.

Any further comment from PSS?Regards,Brian

Sign in to follow this