Sign in to follow this  
Guest brianlr

Is Ben Jones there? United NC paint for B772-LR

Guest brianlr

Hi everyone,I have had a little fun over the long weekend altering the Ben Jones paint for the B773-ER; I did this mainly for personal use, but would like to make contact with him to see if he is happy for this altered paint job to be made available in the user edits section of the support site for others who have this model.If Ben sees this post, could he please respond and let me know his thoughts? Many thanks,Brian

Guest brianlr

Hi BenThanks for that - had not noticed, but will compare what I did to yours.Have you any thoughts on my questions about the textures for the ends of the flaps? I would be very happy to get them right somehow. (See the next post).Regards,Brian

Guest brianlr

Hi Ben Maybe I was not clear enough ... I have modified your -300LR for the -200LR and wondered if you mind it being placed on the user edits site if people are interested in using it.Regards,Brian

Guest bjjones

Well, it's a bit of a muddy area, if you take my 300ER and modify it for the 200LR, would it not be the same as the 200LR that I've already done? i.e. the one thats on sale, in which case it can't be uploaded. If it was more of an 'original' effort from yourself as apposed to being based on mine, it would be a bit more clear cut.I think it's best that it not be uploaded.

Guest brianlr

Hi BenOK - I had not checked the liveries for sale and did not know you had produced one there ... I will therefore not upload the one I have altered, of course.What can you tell me about the textures for the ends of the flaps when they are extended? There appear to be some textures painted on one of the files, but they do not appear to be mapped onto the aircraft. Is there some way of doing that so that the flaps are not just flat grey on each end?Regards,Brian

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.