Sign in to follow this  
Guest franksalot

PSS 777LR - Flickering Panel

I have a problem with the Panel 'flickering' as I move the Mouse pointer; it's the same problem I used to get with the PSS airbus Series until a 'fix' was issued. Any help would be appreciated.KenSomerset, England

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Here's a .jpg which illustrates the problem.Ken

Hello Norman,Thanks for a quick reply.Nvidia GeForse 6600 GT 'Golden Sample'Drivers 84.21 dated 09.03.06Awiting Install are 84.43 Beta dated 03.05.06Processor AMD Athlon 3000+1.5 Gb RAMI am getting approx. 25fps when using the PSS B777LR.At the moment I am at the end of Rwy26 EGKK just about ready for my first flight.Ken

I get the same flicker however i was told it cant be fixed. It only flickers with newer cards (i think only the Nvidia 6*** Family).I have a A6600LE for example and i get the flicker however i have learnt to live with it.

Hi brand da man,Thanks for that information. My Cards not all that new, it's fast moving into the distance :) However, Norman seems to be in 'hot pursuit' on the Graphic Card thread. Only way I can 'cure' the problem, for half an hour or so, is to change to Full screen then back again? As I write this it occurred to me that I should change to Full screen and leave like it, worth trying.Ken

Hopefully Norman can help us. Regarding the Full Screen, it works however when i fly (i fly long-hauls often) i like to do other things on the computer whilst flying. I cant talk on MSN for example in full screen. I hope someone finds a solution, right now i am just learning to live with it.Brandon

My card is one of the newer SLI NVidia cards and I was also having the same issue but it wasnt just with the PSS 777 - it was with many add on aircaft, hence I know its a card / driver issue - in fact I have seen it in non FS applications also.Generally I run FS full screen but am trying every video driver I can lay my hands on to limit / eradicate this issue.

Now that is very interesting; this morning I d/l (from the Avsim File Library) a DH Twotter and when I tried a flight in that it was exactly the same i.e. pop up panels appearing every time I moved the mouse pointer. So I then brought the PSS Airbus A321 out of retirement, and found the same problem with that. But, back to the PSS B777-200LR, I tried that again, it was OK in Full screen, so that'll do for me, until someone can find a fix.I'm beginning to like this aircraft, those 'roaring' engines in the climb are awesome.Ken

Strange isn't it? I have a pair of nVidia GeForce 6600GT cards in the SLi configuration but have never had any problems with flickering screens. Just goes to show just how cantankerous differing PCs can be. Norman, if it is of any help, the version number of my driver is 7.1.8.4. My motherboard is an ASUS A8N-SLi DeLuxe.

Dave,I have the same motherboard. My cards are the 7800GTs. I will find those drivers now and see how things go.

Hi Norman,Are you still 'On the case?' - I have downloaded the 71.84 Drivers, but don't really want to go back about 12 months; unless I have to. At the moment I am using Fullscreen once the Panels begin to twich :) - but on a flight to Rome yesterday I had a problem BAV's OSP Flight Monitor, in that when I reported my position, there was no answering 'bleep' or text message confirming my report (when in Fullscreen).Otherwise I'm having great fun with B777.Ken 'Sunny' Somerset, England

Ive just made a restore point and about to take the plunge with the 71.84 drivers - pray for my system ;)

Hi Norman,Any progress with the 71.84 Drivers yet? I shall have to stand up soon, my knees are getting sore :)Ken

I have Active Camera installed and occasionally have flickering on the panels when trying to move the mouse and it's especially bad in spot view (aircraft is really jumping around as I move around the aircraft). I disable Active Camera and the problem goes away. I then reenable Active Camera and the problem is gone. Perhaps this is your problem too?JimYoung

71.84 wouldnt install - the inf doesnt know of my cards :(

Hi Norman,Thanks for trying it anyway. Indeed I would have been very surprised if those drivers had worked for you. A friend of mine has an ASUS SLI Mobo and a pair of 7800's in his high end PC; he cannot run Fs9 at all!Another question (I'll start a new thread if you like). Last night I made my 'maiden' flight in the T7, from EGKK to GCTS. Just before touchdown I expected the ac to flare, this did not happen so it landed nosewheel first, not hard, but ungainly. Have you any idea why this was? Possible C of G problem perhaps?Ken

Ah well, nothing further on the 'flickering panels' then. I'm still having the problem; I'm not at all comfortable with running Fs9 in Fullscreen mode.I think I'll have the T7 towed into the Maintenance Hanger for a while. perhaps it will work better with FSX. :)Thanks for trying Norman.Ken'Overcast' Somerset, England

With a 6600GT, for me it was an anti-alias "problem". FSnavigator takes 2 minuites to load with AA at 4X. Squawkbox is completely unusable with this same same screen splitting thing with AA at 8sX. I tried an Omega driver and the PSS plane went bonkers. I'm back to the standard, current nvidia driver and AA at 2x. FSnav, SB and PSS all seem to be happy here.

I have the same FS Nav problem with my basic 6800 card using drivers up to 84.56. It is not a PSS problem but a function of the card, AA used and - I suspect - the fact that FS Nav is now a relatively old programme.Foe example, with no AA or 8xAA set using the card controls, FS Nav always loads in under 5 secs - either FS9 default flight or PSS 777 at Heathrow Pro.With 4xAA set on the card controls, FSNav takes up to 30 secs to load in either situation.With card settings to "Application Controlled" and FS9 AA ticked, FSNav loads in about 15 secs in both situations.This is one of several minor problems which have been reported using FS9 with the 6xxx series cards - another is the black aircraft picture in Create Flight when using 8xAA. Similarly, in 8xAA, FSNav reduced window gives the black screen problem.John R

Sign in to follow this