Sign in to follow this  
Guest franksalot

PSS 777LR - Flickering Panel

Guest franksalot

Hi Norman,Any progress with the 71.84 Drivers yet? I shall have to stand up soon, my knees are getting sore :)Ken

Guest firehawk44

I have Active Camera installed and occasionally have flickering on the panels when trying to move the mouse and it's especially bad in spot view (aircraft is really jumping around as I move around the aircraft). I disable Active Camera and the problem goes away. I then reenable Active Camera and the problem is gone. Perhaps this is your problem too?JimYoung

Guest NormanB

71.84 wouldnt install - the inf doesnt know of my cards :(

Guest franksalot

Hi Norman,Thanks for trying it anyway. Indeed I would have been very surprised if those drivers had worked for you. A friend of mine has an ASUS SLI Mobo and a pair of 7800's in his high end PC; he cannot run Fs9 at all!Another question (I'll start a new thread if you like). Last night I made my 'maiden' flight in the T7, from EGKK to GCTS. Just before touchdown I expected the ac to flare, this did not happen so it landed nosewheel first, not hard, but ungainly. Have you any idea why this was? Possible C of G problem perhaps?Ken

Guest franksalot

Ah well, nothing further on the 'flickering panels' then. I'm still having the problem; I'm not at all comfortable with running Fs9 in Fullscreen mode.I think I'll have the T7 towed into the Maintenance Hanger for a while. perhaps it will work better with FSX. :)Thanks for trying Norman.Ken'Overcast' Somerset, England

Guest D17S

With a 6600GT, for me it was an anti-alias "problem". FSnavigator takes 2 minuites to load with AA at 4X. Squawkbox is completely unusable with this same same screen splitting thing with AA at 8sX. I tried an Omega driver and the PSS plane went bonkers. I'm back to the standard, current nvidia driver and AA at 2x. FSnav, SB and PSS all seem to be happy here.

I have the same FS Nav problem with my basic 6800 card using drivers up to 84.56. It is not a PSS problem but a function of the card, AA used and - I suspect - the fact that FS Nav is now a relatively old programme.Foe example, with no AA or 8xAA set using the card controls, FS Nav always loads in under 5 secs - either FS9 default flight or PSS 777 at Heathrow Pro.With 4xAA set on the card controls, FSNav takes up to 30 secs to load in either situation.With card settings to "Application Controlled" and FS9 AA ticked, FSNav loads in about 15 secs in both situations.This is one of several minor problems which have been reported using FS9 with the 6xxx series cards - another is the black aircraft picture in Create Flight when using 8xAA. Similarly, in 8xAA, FSNav reduced window gives the black screen problem.John R

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.