Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

Question about end of routes put into FMC

I usually enter a flight plan by using the request FS flight plan fucntion. Recently I flew a route that had about 150 miles from the last waypoint to the runway. The Legs page had no discontinuities.When I got to the last waypoint, it surprised me to see that I was on my own, as the flight plan appeared to end there, despite the FMC knowing I was going on to KORD. Even when I chose a runway, I was just left hanging.I thought the FMC would finish by plotting a course on to the airport but it did not.Recently I did a trip where the waypoint was 20 miles from the airport. I entered the runway and it plotted the course to the CF of the runway. When I was abeam the runway on my downwind, the FMC said route ended, and I found I was no longer had a plotted course to the CF of the runway.This is consistent behaviour.I must be missing something about how to use the FMC for route planning. Is the the way it is supposed to work?Thanks,Greg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've been having this problem as well.It seems when I get down to the FL set in the MCP the route just ends there and then leaving you either to hand fly or desparately trying to enter the data back into the FMC.Any idea what is happening?

could be you need to select a STAR to complete the route ?

>could be you need to select a STAR to complete the route ?I have the route line going to a turning point and then to the runway.I.e. I have a route set up.I should not need a STAR to land. They are just prefered routes for airline traffic.I seriously doubt that the real world 777 would drop your route purely because it wasn't a STAR.