Sign in to follow this  
Guest NormanB

777 Patch Update

Guest NormanB

>Is a new update going to be released for the 777 to cover the>remaining items that the patch didn't get?Depends what you mean Phil. If you mean are we working toward a fix on the lockup issue that is stickied then yes. If you mean are we adding other features at this time then the answer is no.>I'm aware from several posts that PSS are "discussing" the>issues raised; but it's been a month now and PSS should be>fully aware of the issues remaining. Its only really been one issue of the FMC locking for some people some of the time.>Had a decision been made?To fix it - yes.>And if not, is another update likely or not? Well surely if it was not then how could I honestly answer? PSS are aware of the lockup and want everybody to be able to enjoy the aircraft the way it is intended.>And if it is,>should we expect the 757 to be released before seeing the>remaining issues resolved on the 777.If you know when the 757 is getting released please let me know ;)

Thanks for the quick reply Norm.I was referring to the following issues:1) Night textures on the clock mixing with day textures whilst floods are off but backlighting on2) Autopilot disconnect EICAS message not clearing3) Some parts of the text on the panel not being replaced with the 'green' text during night without the floods (mainly the 2D main view unzoomed)4) A load editor were one can edit the cargo load5) Flap handle movement soundMinor minor issues I know - just would be nice if they were sorted. Sorry if the first message sounded a bit harsh - it was not intended.

Guest NormanB

Phil,1 & 3 are fixed. 2 if its supposed to clear then it will be.4 Cargo load (777F) can be edited. If you mean Pieces and Weight in Pax variants - I have asked for them.5 ? Your message wasnt taken as harsh.

1. CDU EXE light in the VC still also does not display.2. A definitive answer on how to display pressurization details on the upper EICAS, and why they dissapear when EXEcuting a route.Photo "evidence" of a sort has shown that displaying the ENG page on the LOWER EICAS does not display this data on the UPPER, as with another big Boeing, but I'm led to believe, though I cannot find any thing that directly states as such, that displaying the AIR page will bring this data back.No one has really come out and said one way or the other on this issue, and instead you've left us to argue about it to provide your answers, which I don't think is right. If you've modeled it correctly, great, but even you don't seem to be sure about it, so how about finding out ?

Regards,

Brian Doney

Good to see some issues have been resolved. When will these updates be released, or are they already? As for the flap handle sound, I was refering to the noise the flap handle will make when it's moved in the cockpit. And another issue I remembered - I'm unable to delete the speed restriction on the CLB page. I have to enter the restriction for something like 1000ft, and make sure I'm above that to continue. Pressing delete and then selecting the speed restriction does nothing.

Guest NormanB

Phil,>When will these updates be released, or are they already? Not yet released - with our gauge at 60mb we dont do micro patches. They will be included at the same time as the locking CDU issue is addressed to satisfaction.>As for the flap handle sound, I was refering to the noise the>flap handle will make when it's moved in the cockpit. People complain that the cockpit is too quiet (which it is real life!) and the one area was they liked to "hear the flaps" - Yes, we know you can't hear them but this was what the feedback suggested was the way forward. Its an ongoing discussion albeit you will be pleased to know I am on the side of just a click.>And another issue I remembered - I'm unable to delete the>speed restriction on the CLB page. I have to enter the>restriction for something like 1000ft, and make sure I'm above>that to continue. Pressing delete and then selecting the speed>restriction does nothing.I will leave this one to Steven - I rarely get into speed restrictions in the FMC since I tend to enter these in the MCP being a hands on kind of guy. Brian,The definitive answer will need to come from Steven, Triple 7 or someone more knowledgable than I.

"Brian,The definitive answer will need to come from Steven, Triple 7 or someone more knowledgable than I."OK, fair enough, but how long will I have to wait for an answer ? Wait, let me guess, about 6 months, right ?This is one of those things that was early on listed to be "looked at", then just wasn't ever talked about again, and the above doesn't commit to anything, just tells us where an answer would come from, should an answer be forthcoming. :-roll Why don't you, or someone else from the team, take some initiative to find out ? Don't pass the buck back to me.And what of the EXE light on the FMC ?

Regards,

Brian Doney

Good Evening,>And what of the EXE light on the FMC ?Execute light on FMC in VC, I have no Idea, I hate VC's.>And another issue I remembered - I'm unable to delete the>speed restriction on the CLB page. I have to enter the>restriction for something like 1000ft, and make sure I'm above>that to continue. Pressing delete and then selecting the speed>restriction does nothing.You shouldn't really delete any speed restrictions from the FMC, if you want to go above the CDU Speed (eg ATC "No Speed Restriction"), use FLCH. However, all you need to do is press delete on the CDU keypad and select the speed you wish to delete, if the speed/height is a SID/STAR fix, delete it from the LEGS page, not thru the VNAV pages.>A definitive answer on how to display pressurization>details on the upper EICAS, and why they dissapear when>EXEcuting a route.This is correct, the only way to view in-flight is via the AIR page on the lower EICAS or on one of the 2 MFDs. Reason, ask Boeing its not in the Flight Crew Manual (Well BA's anyway, from what I've looked at!) However if ANY parameters which Boeing Set are exceeded, the specific page will automatically display on the Lower EICAS and display any catuions/warnings and memo's on the Upper EICAS.I hope that answers all your questions!Please be a little more polite in future, I know Norman isn't a boeing man at all, if this was regarding a A etc, he woulf have been able to tell you point blank, we aren't experts on all aircraft (yet!)Cheers

Guest NormanB

Dave,The (for want of a better term) confusion caused to the logic by this inadvertent deployment was passed back when you brought it to my attention. I am unsure to the status on that but will enquire.

Norman,While we are on the subject of patch updates, did we ever get a fix on the issue of VNAV not performing correctly, e.g. moving forward to the DES page while still in the climb when inadvertently deploying the flaps? I have been conversing with Leo A. and he has had some instances of the VNAV failing.Just wondering if that issue ever was addressed. I've been out of the loop for awhile. If it is something that needs to be added to a larger patch, that's OK..I understand the potential problems with doing micro patches.ThanksDave Lamb(baw716)

Is a new update going to be released for the 777 to cover the remaining items that the patch didn't get?I'm aware from several posts that PSS are "discussing" the issues raised; but it's been a month now and PSS should be fully aware of the issues remaining. Had a decision been made? And if not, is another update likely or not? And if it is, should we expect the 757 to be released before seeing the remaining issues resolved on the 777.-Phil

Iain,Firstly, thank you for your time.Execute light on FMC in VC, I have no Idea, I hate VC's.Fair enough I guess, but for clarity, the EXE light never illuminates in the VC.This is correct, the only way to view in-flight is via the AIR page on the lower EICAS or on one of the 2 MFDs.See that's just it, if I display the AIR page on the LOWER EICAS, I DO NOT get the press details on the upper. For me, once the route is executed, that's it, unless I display the LOWER EICAS on the MFD.Are you seeing something different ?

Regards,

Brian Doney

And what about a fix for the big fps loss after the patch that affects many customers (see the topics about it)?Luca

Guest NormanB

Luca,A number of people who have said this have been given access to both the old and new gauge and, with their feedback we are collating the information to see what, if any, common ground exists that is different to what the beta testers have. PSS are committed to resolving the issue.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.