Sign in to follow this  
Guest NormanB

777 Patch Update

>You shouldn't really delete any speed restrictions from the>FMC, if you want to go above the CDU Speed (eg ATC "No Speed>Restriction"), use FLCH. However, all you need to do is press>delete on the CDU keypad and select the speed you wish to>delete, if the speed/height is a SID/STAR fix, delete it from>the LEGS page, not thru the VNAV pages.This is my point. I CANNOT delete the speed restriction. I know how to do it, it just doesn't work. Nothing happens. And surely using FLCH then means I have to start flicking through the FMC to find what the target speed actually is. The whole idea of being able to delete the restriction is so that when I'm given 'no ATC speed' I can delete it and carry on in VNAV mode, as happens with PMDG/LDS/FeelThere products.

Guest Segwin

>Iain,>>Firstly, thank you for your time.>>Execute light on FMC in VC, I have no Idea, I hate>VC's.>>Fair enough I guess, but for clarity, the EXE light never>illuminates in the VC.>>This is correct, the only way to view in-flight is via the>AIR page on the lower EICAS or on one of the 2 MFDs.>>See that's just it, if I display the AIR page on the LOWER>EICAS, I DO NOT get the press details on the upper. For me,>once the route is executed, that's it, unless I display the>LOWER EICAS on the MFD.>>Are you seeing something different ?>>>Works the same with me, Once the route is executed the duct pressure disappears even with AIR displayed in the lower. Only time I see it is when I press L INBD, select AIR then it shows however, as soon as I press NAV it's gone again.

Just so I know what you are trying to delete, could you post a screenshot of what you are trying to delete.Cheers

Phil,As far as I know, you can't delete the speed restriction on the real FMC either. Try changing it. See if that works and let me know how you fare.Good luckDave (baw716)

Regarding the FMC speed restriction - I can delete the actual restriction. Its the transition I can't delete. If I enter anything other than 250/10000 as the transition, when I delete it, it just resets back to 250/10000 - it doesn't remove it completely.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/149224.jpgSPD RESTRPress DELETESelect LSK4The restriction (250/FL100) will be cleared (---/-----)SPD TRANSPress DELETESelect LSK3The transition (250/FL100) remains, and does not clear. If something else is entered (250/1000 for example), when you delete it, it just reverts back to 250/FL100. Typing 250/1000 solves the problem, but surely I should be able to delete it completely?

You cannot delete the Speed Transition.The speed Transition is set by the FMC for the max speed below FL100, depending on weight.Cheers

OK. Thanks for that. Is there a reason why it's limited to 250 below FL100? Certainly in the UK, that restriction is usually lifted straight after departure. In the real world, would a 777 maintain 250kts to FL100, or would the pilot manually override (entering a lower trans altitude or using FLCH)?

250 below 10 is now not lifted after departure in the UK, as part of a nationwaide trial, to safe bunching at FIR exit points.A light 777 would be able to maintain 250kts easily, however at heavier weights you cannot, and you would climb out at VREF30 +80kts, which would be the speed in the transition window.This is currently not correct in the FMC, and I have passed it on.If you are given no ATC speed, you would go into FLCH and dial in your ECON climb speed as found in the FMC, then revert to VNAV above 10k.Cheers

Guest skybo120

>Photo "evidence" of a sort has shown that displaying the ENG>page on the LOWER EICAS does not display this data on the>UPPER, as with another big Boeing, but I'm led to believe,>though I cannot find any thing that directly states as such,>that displaying the AIR page will bring this data back.The pressurization readouts are only shown with the "air" page open....its not open all the time...this is how it is on the real 777-Brian R.

Brian,"The pressurization readouts are only shown with the "air" page open...."This seems to be the concensus, but is not what the PSS T7 is doing."..its not open all the time..."No one ever said it should be open at all times. The only thing that was stated, and it was my misunderstanding, was the questioning of whether or not it should display with the ENG page displayed on the lower EICAS, as in the 744.Also, an explanation of how the CDU EXE key ties in, and why it causes the pressurization details to disappear, when executing a route, was requested, but never given.Here we are yet again a few weeks later with absolutely no acknowledgement of the issue from PSS. No confirmation, no denial, nothing. Seems to be becoming a running theme.I honestly, after all is said and done, get the feeling that if there had been no complaints, PSS would have happily left the T7 as it was on release, no matter how inaccurate/bug ridden. There seems to be absolutely ZERO internal motivation to get it right, only good enough to shut most of us up, and no more.Every answer has to be dragged out, every issue repeated and shouted ad nauseum, to get even a response, nevermind an actual commitment to fix.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest skybo120

Brian,>Also, an explanation of how the CDU EXE key ties in, and why>it causes the pressurization details to disappear, when>executing a route, was requested, but never given.So your saying when the air synopsis is open, and you are entering a route, you hit the exe key and pressurization readouts disappear even though the air synopsis is still up?Brian

Brian,By default, the PSS T7 loads with the LOWER DU/EICAS set to the ENG page. IIRC, at this point PRESS details are indeed displayed on the UPPER DU/EICAS, indeed with the ENG selected on the LOWER DU/EICAS.We're talking about the LDG ALT, PRESS, etc.On activating an entered route, when pressing the EXE button, the PRESS details disappear from the UPPER DU, exactly as a result of pressing the EXE button.No amount of LOWER DU switchery will bring the display back, to the UPPER DU. The only work around was to display the AIR synoptic on the Captain's ND/INNER MFD. Displaying it this way does indeed bring the PRESS details back to the UPPER DU.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Brians - bothThe other way to get it back was to go into manual pressurisation. This was all discussd in a thread when we were looking at flying to the service ceiling several months ago.The PSS 777 appears to be programmed correctly from all the evidence that we originally found on the internet.John R

John,"The other way to get it back was to go into manual pressurisation."Didn't know that."The PSS 777 appears to be programmed correctly from all the evidence that we originally found on the internet."I really hope that's true, but again, nothing definitive.OK lets face it, in the grand scheme, it isn't a big deal. For me, it's just one of a number of little niggling questions that PSS seems happy to let us argue about, instead of finding out, for certain, one way or another. The last discussion of this issue, in this forum, ended with Graham citing OUR conversation in the main MSFS forum as a definitve answer.Neither one of us knows for sure one way or the other, and if I'm wrong, that's ok with me, I'll be the first to say so.I guess I'd just like PSS to show they at least give enough of a #### about the product to find out. For now, it seems they'd drop it like a hot potato if they could, but that's only my opinion.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest skybo120

Yeah, I dont think its a big deal. But i will do some research on it and thumb through some Boeing manuals....ill ask my dad as well as he might have some insight into it...but we must remember this is not the real a/c...the only way to experience the real thing is to buy one...there are limits on computer programming and such...as far as PSS is concerned, they did an excellent job reproducing the main and important systems on the 777..Brian

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.