Sign in to follow this  
Guest BurtSP

GS Flags and External Lighting: Strange link

I have run through the tutorial several times without fault made a few flights from CYVR to KLAS and KSFO, no problem. All of these have been with the 200LR. I had never really understood the significance of the point of loading the FS9 default flight with the 172P.So I loaded the default flight, thought what the heck and killed the engine, main battery. Moved the plane to cargo gate 9 heavy at KSEA and then loaded the 200LRF. No problems so far. Loaded my flight plan, performed my checklists without a hitch and took off.Started to get dark passing FMG on my way the KLAS so I wanted to check out my external lighting, hmmm all dark. Well no biggie kept flying. Got to BLD started my approach. ILS autotuned just fine, I had the scales on the PFD but no flags. I also noticed that I had no audibles from the VOR and ILS transmitters. Turned on the 256 inbound course to 25R, LOC annunciated on the PFD all should be well, however still no GS flags. Plane would not capture the G/S or properly track the ILS. Gave up and scratched my head.During the flight I had saved after passing LKV. So I loaded the default flight (did not touch anything) then loaded my saved flight and had the same result as previous. Then I started from scratch again loaded the default this time did not touch the engine or power on the cessna then loaded the 200LRF and the ILS and external lights all functioned. Sorry so long on this explanation.So did I miss something somewhere in the manual about the significance of the default aircraft and its effect on the panel of the PSS777. Seems to me this should be solved by the main battery switch in the overhead.Just a thought. I guess I really do not understand the aircraft cfg file and its complexity.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!