Sign in to follow this  
Guest Devlin

PSS747 OBS

Hi,How can I get the obs in the radio panel to increment by 1 instead of 10,I'ts really annoying when trying to set the ILS runway track course.Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Normally you would select the course for the ILS (and VOR course for that matter) using the FMS CDU RAD/NAV page, if it doesn't already get selected automatically for some reason. I've never used the radio panels for this. I'm not even sure you can.Kevin

Hi on the 744 the radios can only be tuned at the NAV RAD page. You can auto tune them or manual if you wish. Joe

No, you can tune the radios using the radio panel, its just that the obs section where you set the ils course/vor radial. increments in 10's, ie you cant set 237deg for instance, only 240 or 230, I have done this once but have forgotten how.

I don't have the PSS 747-400 installed anymore, but the real aircraft has no VHF NAV or ILS tuning head on the pedestal just VHF COMM, so if it's in the PSS sim it shouldn't be there. Open up the FMC CDU and use that.Kevin

I've always set OBS headings primarily with the default key assignment "V". Press "V" then "+" or "-" to increment/decrement. If you hold SHIFT down while pressing + or - it will go in increments of 10 degrees. To tune the OBS #2, press "V" then followed by "2" then followed by the +/- keys.Never owned the PSS747 so don't know if this applies or works- but I have been using V to set OBS on a wide variety of free and pay aircraft, from GA to jetliners, and I don't remember a time when it has failed me.Ruahrc

Sign in to follow this