Sign in to follow this  
guy

777 doesn't follow sids correctly ?

I have seen several times that the 777 didn't follow the sid correctly if it has an intercept course.Example: the Tigr1F Departure from runway 35 at LGKR (Korfu in Greece, ther are 777 and A330 landing there). It should go straight ahead for 3 nm to D348B and then turn left on an intercept course 258 to Point KRK/34.With the autopilot set and VNAV/LNAV on , it did not go to D348B but turned right immediatly after take-off.I tried this departure several times at LGKR .If you delete the intercept course before departure, it goes correctly to D348B and then turns left.There seems to be a problem with the intercept course. I have seen the same thing happening at other airports also.Guy

Guest Phoenix5

Guy,I am currently looking at the sids and stars in relation to another issue. I will add your findings to my to do list for this weekend.regards,

Good idea. Thanks. There is also a problem with arrivals.At the same airport(LGKR-Korfu) a standard arrival and approach for runway 35 coming from North is a 180

GuyThis is a well known snag that he been reported many times since first release - see "disappearing waypoints" and turning early". It certainly prevents effective SID/STAR routing and is odd as - as you say - the Airbus series does not have this bug.Unfortunately it was missed with the patch; however, the PSS crew have full details of what is happening and hopefully have it in hand.John Rooum

thanks for the info, john.Guy

Guest ALT2024

I just experienced exactly the same problem on departure from Jeddah OEJN. Instead of turning left on the SID after departure, the aircraft turned right.Rob

Would be interesting to know what Sid it was exactly at OEJN.Other examples I saw are the Edds_Tgo5b departure from rw25 or theLszh_Gersu departure from rw16.This issue can also be due to the early turning befor waypoints of the 777.Guy

Flew the Morvi1 Sid at SPZO (Cuszo,Peru).The first waypoint Kimor is 13 nm away on runway heading followed by a 180

another Sid problem: Houston Kiah Musyl2 departure from runway 15L:first waypoint is the VOR IAH, with a heading of 160, but the FMC indicates heading '000' for IAH!Have seen this at other airports also.For the "much too early turning" problem I have found a way around by defining supplementary waypoints in the turn.Nevertheless I hope those Sid/Star problems will not be forgotten in the upcoming next patch, as those are basics for such a highlevel aircraft!Guy

Guest knack

not wanting (or knowing enough!) to act smart here...but as far as I am aware, aircraft are hand-flown initially on a SID, yes?Just like finals...usually hand-flown unless minimums dictate otherwise (depending on the aircraft Cat obviously, etc, etc). So following published SIDs, manually, makes sense:-haloTony

What you say is correct.Real Airliner pilots mostly (not always) handfly the departure up to 12-13000 feet. They follow the indications of the flight director on the PFD.But with with the Pss 777 in the examples I have given (there are many others) the indications of the flight-director are wrong! So manual flying of the Sids by following the FD is also impossible!This should be patched.Guy

I also had a SID problem with DVR6J off EGLL. About halfway between DET and DVR, DVR is dropped from the route, and the aircraft begins a right hand turn. I had to dive in with HDG SEL and re-insert DVR in the FMC.

Flew the Egll Dvr6J from rw 9R also, just to see , as this is an almost straightahead departure.After DVR my next waypoint was Konan which is slightly to the left of Dvr. Effevtively halfway between DET and DVR, that is 18(!) miles before DVR , waypoint DVR was suppressed and it went direct to Konan, passing 2 miles abeam DVR.This is not correct, but I could live with it.But in the examples I have given (Lgkr-rw35-Tigr1f, Edds-rw25-Tgo5b, Lszh-rw16-Gersu), the flight-director seems completely lost and its indications are wrong.Guy

Distance sounds about right. However, the aircraft didn't start flying direct to KONAN (which was my next point as well). It started a right turn to God knows where, which I stopped pretty quickly, and therefor am unable to say where the plane would have gone had I left it to it's own devices.

Another example is the Bodru2L departure from runway 4R at LFMN (Nice,France).It is a 180

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.