Sign in to follow this  
Guest mbalvetti

777 screen problems

Guest mbalvetti

Hi,from yesterday evening I saw a strange thing on my 777 screen even if nothing seems to have happened on my pc.All vistas (panel, cdu, radio except overhead) was opening behind main view. What I mean is that cdu (radio, pedestal, etc)panel was opening behind main panel and i wasn't able to put it in foreground.I delete fs9.cfg and restarting fs9 but the things were the same.Any suggestion ?Thanks a lot, as usual,Maurizio Balvetti

Guest D17S

I had that too. Very wierd. I think it had to do with my souped up Omega drivers for my Nvidia Vcard. They just played fits with everything on that poor 'ol T7. I went back to the current standard driver. It finally went away, generally. Although sometimes I think somethings is still hiding back there. I'm just afraid to look anymore. On the other hand, I just don't think Nvidia and FS9 get along too well, especially with these complex addons. I just got Active Camera and my video card is throwing a full-voiced, in-the-grocery-store type tantrum. It

Guest mbalvetti

Hi,I uninstall all and reinstall all and now everything is ok.But I will know what happened because in the future those things might happen again.Btw I have an ATI Radeon 9800 XT and until now nothing happened.Hoping to have some info from PSS...Maurizio Balvetti

Guest NormanB

>Hoping to have some info from PSS...This happened because you didnt load the default aircraft first, ensuring that you were in a 2d panel before changing to the 777.

Guest mbalvetti

If I understood well, if this thing happens again, to avoid this I have to load Chessna first, ensuring that I am in 2d panel and then switching to 777 everything is ok without do anything else ?Maurizio Balvetti

Guest NormanB

You should always load the default Cessna first. FS2004 only loaded certain parameters with the default flight; hopefully the next version won't require this!PSS are not alone in this line of thinking. A recent thread went on for many pages on the main AVSIM forum discussing this very issue. Yes, we could have written to the default.flt file but then imagine the uproar!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.