Sign in to follow this  
Guest airmann

Fuel Problem (Condensed Thread)

Guest airmann

My, last post was very long so I suppose most people did not read it, so let me sum up my problem, The Right Engine does not run if there is no Fuel in the Left Tank, irregardless of the quantity in the Right tank. When I start up the right engine I tend to leave in about 200 poounds in the LEft tank in order to run the APU BLEED, after a good start I switch the APU off, the crossfeeds are always closed, but the right engine still uses fuel from the left tank, and when the left tank is dry the right engine switches off.I donnot know what the problem isShea

Guest skybo120

Shea,I think understand your problem, and I believe the answer is simply that not everything can be modelled 100%. My only question for you is why would you have no fuel in the left tank to begin with. Both the right and left tanks should be equal before start-up. You dont want to put all the fuel on one side of the aircraft. Just make sure you have enough fuel for your route, plus extra, and make sure its distributed evenly among both right and left. If ive interpreted your problem incorrectly, please tell me.Brian

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.