Sign in to follow this  
cyberpilot

Guest bjjones

I can give you a yes to the first, dont know about the second though, I'll have to let someone else have a go at that one.

Guest gdafc

>2. What guarantee is there that the CDU wont have the same>lock up problems as the T7? I don't fly the T7 any more>because of this issue. It should have been rectified long>ago.The strange thing here is that this problem seems to be reasonably widespread, yet goes apparently untouched. I really do not understand the reasoning behind this, how many more people have the issue who have simply installed the T7 looked for a fix, never found one then left PSS alone........ for good.Not the greatest of marketing plans. Even the thread was unlocked and the problem still exists. Smacks of someone trying to hide something. Yet we still have a locked post asking what people want after the next product!!Would it be too much to ask for a fix for the last product, a fix that makes it flyable for me and others.Garry

The fix for the CDU problems are still being looked into, PSS haven't left it, it will be fixed.Cheers

Guest NormanB

GarrySo you go on holiday and return to find it unpinned. It didnt and doesnt mean there is an attempt to hide things. The post was able to retain its position without the pin.There comes a time when we have enough info to work on and that time was achieved so a pin was no longer required. Yes, more info helps confirm things but no, it doesnt require a pin.As an add on developer we cant just sit still. Its important to know where the community (since we do listen) would like us to move next so we such threads remain.As regards to the numbers, whilst your post would try and make it sound like every last sale has a customer with the error, the opposite is actually true. It doesn't make it any less of an issue and that was the reason the original thread was pinned; such was and is our determination to resolve the lockup.Back to the topic, as started by Frank, Rob Young is the FDE engineer for the 757. As far as guarantees - you can be absolutely sure that every effort is being made avoid a repeat.

Thanks Norman, I'm greatly reassured that Rob Young is on the team. He is a genius with flight dynamics. I'm slightly less reassured about the CDU given that no fix has been found for the T7 yet.

Guest NormanB

Frank,Given that the 757 is a different aircraft with different systems then the chances of it having the same lockup are somewhat reduced.If its any consolation, nobody has reported lockups yet in the 757.

I'm looking forward with interest to the release of the B757.Two questions:1. Is Rob Young doing the flight dynamics? He transformed the T7 dramatically. If he isn't then I will think twice about buying it.2. What guarantee is there that the CDU wont have the same lock up problems as the T7? I don't fly the T7 any more because of this issue. It should have been rectified long ago.

Guest gdafc

Seems posts are disapearing faster than they can be written, the man on the Devon Riviera (I forget his name, sorry) made a post here and it has gone.Are we going back to the days of old, where PSS check every post before it appears. Strange how only some developers feel the need for this.Garry

Guest NormanB

Garry,Dave T's post was very tongue in cheek and was a fun dig at me so really had no place here. He could have said just the same to me on MSN since we have been buddies for a long time.Sorry it doesnt fit in the conspiracy theory.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.