Sign in to follow this  
Guest KrisYYZ

So, I finally bought the B777

I just finally bought it as well (just flight version)!!Waiting to buy, for all the same reasons that you did.I innstalled the patch before I even entered the cockpit.Well, my first impressions, both inside and out it looks stunning!!And the VC (the only way I fly) is spot on, I belive.The flight dynamics are very belivable for such a heavy plane.But I'm having some faults with the CDU and the simulation rate (I never fly long hauls in real time) it is bobbing up and down in 8x and even some times in 4x!!But one thing that is bugging me is that there are no window reflections in the VC, as listed!! I can only see reflections if I look at the plane from the outside.Not having glass reflections in the VC is a huge deal for me, as I hate the "driving a convertible" feel. It is also a dynamic factor how you manage the cockpit lighting, according to the light from the outside. The LDS763 PMDG744 and ATR72-500 all have nailed that one.I only expected to have trouble with the CDU and went ahead and bought it, knowing that a CDU patch is on it's way. But to have trouble with the Sim rate is something that surprised me as well as the reflection thing.But boy did they nail the looks and the 3D aspect of the cockpit + flight dynamics.Hope the patch is only days away.Golli.

Guest NormanB

Make sure you have the plane trimmed using the load edit tool.Trimmed I have flown the whole way from Australia to USA at 8x and have had it at 16x without bobbing but with difficulties at acute path changes.

Thanks for the reply NormanB.I know that it is difficult to code "true to life" flight dynamics and have them work perfectly in a not so true to life 4x, 8x and 16x.Even the competition, like LDS does not go over 4x and the Queen has difficulties in 8x and beyond.But I do wish that you consider the glass reflections inside the VC cockpit, into the next patch release.My jaw dropped in disapointment when I noticed that someone had removed the glass from the cockpit. And I've tryed all kinds of hours, night, sunrise, day and sunset and never any reflections from the windows.To some this is a small thing but to me this is enough to ground the plane and ebay it if it does not get resolved. After all, I have the other 3 Add-On's mentioned above, to play with, that give me that immersion of reality. It's just that I love the 777 so much.SO PLEASE CONSIDER THIS IN THE NEXT PATCH.Other than that, cudos for a lovely looking bird.Golli.

Guest Phoenix 1

If you want Useable Frame Rates then you'll have to have the "very clean windows" we fitted .. If you want reflections Sure they can be done .. but frame rates will suffer BADLY !!! a compromise we Had to choose in favour of frames rather than eye candy

Understood Graham, but still confusing for the ignorant, ie me :)Why then is it possible on other very complex products? Is it that oh, say for example the wxr and reflections in the same vc are mutually exclusive performance wise?Don't mean to belabour but just curious.regards,MarkXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest Phoenix 1

no it's quite simply that anything "Semi transparent" just EATS frame rates as there is a Lot for the processor to do ... It's not a problem on High end systems but .. Not everybody has this luxury ;)

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.