Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hawk38313

Nose down on landing

Guest Hawk38313

Need help, I have my 772 all configured for landing looking great see the autoland3, getting ready to go manual for landing then the nose dives and all the bells and whitlse go off. I have not touched anything yet, just dives, and I use FSPassengers, and that get the passengers screaming from the back and then my coffee hits the fron window and well you get the picture. I am still on autopilot but it just dives. Any thougts?Thanks,David H.

How are you configured. i.e. gross weight,flaps, speed?Ron

Ron Service

Guest Hawk38313

All configured it is just as I am coming to final approach about 500 ft off ground. I am trying to land with outland, maybe there is something I am supposed to do? Not sure doesn't say much how to do autoland in manual.David

David:Sounds like you maybe coming in too slow? Per the last posting, what are your weights and approach speed? Where are trying to land? Also, do you have any third party wheather tool? I have experienced a sudden sink a couple of times at ~200-300 feet, and I attribute it to sudden wind change performed by the tool I am using to get weather.Fabio.

Guest Hawk38313

Fabio, Yes on the third party weather tool using active sky, have had several issues with this program especially trying to fly. It changes weather quickly on me and messes things up.David

Guest Ron Service

If you are using a weather program, are you also using ATC? Possibly, with gusting winds, you may have to use a different runway.What happens in fair weather conditions?Ron

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.