Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Funny story, thought it was a PSS issue but not this time....

This is a funny story and there is a little bit of a lesson to be learned as well. A few days ago I got a new PocketPC so I can take it overseas. It is a wonderful device and I set it up to synch every five minutes. So you are saying what the heck does this have to do with FS right...Well, I decided to place the PocketPc next to my yoke on the desk. Flying happily along in my PSS 777 when all of a sudden, alarms start ringing, I look down and my fuel cutoff switches were thrown. Double flame out climbing through 25k for 35k. OK, not a problem, level her out, put it into a slight descent to maintain speed, fuel cutoffs back to on, ignition to start, con, back to start, ctrl-shift-F4 and thank goodness the engines came back to life. Assess the situation, everything looks ok so I decide to press on. 5 minutes later and same thing. Now I am screaming at the computer, cursing my 777 and trying to keep my 620,000 pound plane from plummeting to earth. This went on for about 30 minutes and happened a good 4 or 5 times before I looked down and realized that everytime my fuel cutoffs were thrown my PocektPC was synching!!!I moved the PocketPC to the other side of the desk and amazingly, no more flameouts!!! Thew rest of the flight went off without a hitch and 10 hours later I landed at KEWR.So there are a few morals to this story:1. Don't jump to conclusions. I immediately thought it was the PSS 777. Glad I figured it out before I went and made some stupid forum post LOL...2. CH products are NOT well shielded devices3. Keep phones and other devices AWAY from your CH devices....4. Double flame-outs make for heart stopping experiences even in FS if you are using FSPassengers and think your C22 Pilot is going to dieCheers everyone, thought I would pass my experiences along,-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledAMD FX-57 @ 3 gigsAsus A8NSLI-Premium2 gigs Corsair XMS PC3500LL 2 3 2 6 1TXFX 7900 GTX 690/1750XFX 7800 GTX 515/135024 inch Widescreen LCDDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1khttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7800 GTX 515/1350 Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Just comes to show why you can't use mobile phones on real aircraft during the flight :-bigangel

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.