Sign in to follow this  
Guest Segwin

777 Gear Status Error?

Guest Segwin

Hello all:While on final I was checking the status of the aircraft and noted that on the landing gear status page it stated that the gear was closed however, in external view the gear was down, three green.Anyone else notice this? To tell the truth as many times as I've flown the 777 I've never checked the status page of the gear until now.

Guest Sjaako

Hi,That's cause the doors close after landing gear extension.Cheerio Sjaako

Guest Segwin

>Hi,>>That's cause the doors close after landing gear extension.>>Cheerio SjaakoThe doors close over the landing gear? If their closed while in flight how could they still show closed with gear extended? Why would they have a status page at all if the doors are closed with the gear retracted or extended.

Guest Sjaako

Hi,The doors never stay open in normal operations. They either transit or are closed. Transit is displayed by the diagonal lines. These are the belly doors and the forward nose gear section doors.The belly doors are there to protect the wheel well and to seal it aerodynamically to prevent drag, they only open to allow the gear to transfer in or out.Cheerio Sjaako

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.