Sign in to follow this  
Guest KL741-KL742

WXR RADAR B777

Guest KL741-KL742

Good Evening Please if possible explain me for correct use weather radar, especially the GCS mode , in various phase flight take off - crz and approach - land and orientation button dn 15 to up 15..... for better use set to? When gcs off appear map in yellow red like a heavy condition weather with clear sky..... Regards A.Cristiano

Is it essential that the integrated WXR add-on initialises with the switch in TEST? It always defaults to this position on loading the 777. Any way this can be changed as I find this unrealistic and annoying to have to switch to a normal mode each time.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

The WX Radar must be test prior to each flight, and also after each flight on the taxi in, so it is realistic.Cheers

Of course it's realistic to test it, but in a cold and dark cockpit the switch would not be left in TEST surely? Realise there isn't an OFF position, but it seems odd that TEST would be equivalent to that. It's usually a spring loaded momentary position, but I'm not familiar with the real 777 flightdeck.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest NormanB

You can save that switch in any position you feel happy with.

Guest skybo120

The real airplane is rarely started from a cold and dark situation anyways. There is normally always a power source hooked up to the aircraft(such as a GPU or other ground power).But the WXR radar is never left in the test position. When the pilots recieve the aircraft, the wxr radar switch next to the transponder is on, but the wxr radar itself is actually off. The radar doesnt turn on until the WXR button is pressed on EFIS. The pilots do run the radar test in their preflight however.

Guest parra674

I just bought the T7,but i dont know how to turn the WXR Radar from Test to Normal...Or tell me where is the WXR Radar panel..pls!I hope you can help me. THX

Guest NormanB

Welcome to the AVSIM forums. Don't forget to sign your posts as per our guidelines please.http://members.chello.at/addongauges/FSWXR.htm is the direct link to the WX Radar manual. You should take a few moments to read both it and the 777 manuals/tutorial to familiarise yourself with its operation.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.