Sign in to follow this  
Guest glt106

Intercept an Radial with FMC?

Guest glt106

Hi Folks,Just have a question concerning lateral navigation using the FMC! How is it possible to intercept a radial of a certain waypoint and how do I have to enter it into the FMC?I know from a 744 FMC that after entering a new waypoint you have the choice to enter an intercept course and/or to create abeam points if you alter the route! Now I wanna now, as the FIX page isn't available how to manage this on the 777 because actually the FMC doesn't give me this option! Here an example of what i wanna do: Imagine a take off from RWY 09 (apt doesn't matter here) and the departure says, straight ahead climbing 1500ft or so and then wants you to turn right to a certain vor but on a intcpt crs of 150

Guest ColdBear

well, you could enter the VOR's name ex. XXX into the scratch pad and select it as the active waypoint it should then display CRS in LSK 6R. However you could do it in the old fashioned way by selecting the VOR on the left VOR selector and put the radial in and switch to VOR rose mode and follow the needle as usual.Hope this help a little,Martin

Guest skybo120

Martin is correct, when you enter the waypoint, LSK 6R should show CRS, and you can enter it there. Furthermore, if ATC told you to turn right heading 150 to intercept the radial, you can enter a course from your present position:Enter P/P150 as a waypoint and the FMC will create the course from your present position, then you can have that course cross the radial where you want to intercept it.If the VOR is a waypoint on your flight plan and you need a specific outbound course from it, you can enter the VOR and the radial on the waypoint line, such as VOR220. But that essentially does the same thing that Martin was talking about.Brian

Guest glt106

Ok thx I'll have a try immediately!So now I tried: Actually the FMC gives no option in LSK6R to enter the course!Maybe you'll have a try with that! Standing in EDDK RWY32R wanna take off and then intercept the WYP VOR on course 090

I'm not a owner of PSS T7, but the 737 fmc works like this.you must turn left heading 150, and intercet Radial 270 OUTBOUND from a VOR/DME station.the PIC select hdg to 150, and go to MCDUlets assume that the VOR is a station of the procedure.you will select that VOR to go DCT, but DO NOT EXECUTE NOW!at LSK R5, you will prompt in scratch pad 270 and press LSK R5now you will see a dotted line linking your heading with the Radial from the VOR Station.if is okay, no DISCOs, execute and the plane will keep the profile (don't forget to re-engage the LNAV).regards,

Gustavo Rodrigues - Brazil

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.