Sign in to follow this  
Guest BMI701EGCC

EXCLUSIVE !!! 757 Panel Preview Screenshots

well for me the VC will either sell it or not. the 777 is ok with the textures being flat and fake, but the 757 has some majot issues with the windows. in reality, they extend further down, in the shot they appear to barely hit the neck of the pilots which is improper. i hope this is fixed as the VC is being completed. i don't expect any better texture work, but if it's on the level of the 777 i can live with that.all 2ds look the same, i no longer use them. might as well be flying a cessna since it's just an image with no sense of being or immersion. chris

Guest NormanB

Chris,Textures I fear are subjective. Our 757 pilots are simply amazed by the look and feel of the 2D panel.

If the guys that fly the 757 real world say it's spot on that works for me :) Cheers Steve

Guest ToMy Li

Hey Norman... Can you make a demo video for us? thanks or post about the refresh rate gauges etc... Thanks :-abduct

norman, yes the 2d is of excellent quality, but i was talking about the VC texture work.

Guest NormanB

Tomas,I dont do videos and even if I did, there are all kinds of ways of fooling them - like slowing down the sim to 1/4. What I can say is that refresh rates on the 757 are great - I can't give you a figure in frame rates since that depends on the user setup.

Guest NormanB

Chris,The textures used in the VC are from photos taken by a few of us from inside various 757s

Guest NormanB

I just thought I would share this little fact with folk.. ;)My PSS 757 folder, including NAVDATA but not FSUIPC (and still missing a few repaints) is 2,064,689,573 bytes in size. That is 1.92GB!This one is not for the faint hearted!

Guest Pete EHAM

>I just thought I would share this little fact with folk.. ;)>>My PSS 757 folder, including NAVDATA but not FSUIPC (and still>missing a few repaints) is 2,064,689,573 bytes in size. That>is 1.92GB!>>This one is not for the faint hearted!LOL :-lol :-lol :-lol I have PLENTY of bytes for this beauty.... I'll even make space....;-) Pete EHAM

>I just thought I would share this little fact with folk.. ;)>>My PSS 757 folder, including NAVDATA but not FSUIPC (and still>missing a few repaints) is 2,064,689,573 bytes in size. That>is 1.92GB!>>This one is not for the faint hearted!Boy that will be a download compressed hehehe :-)Hope I can manage my speed 650 kbs :-)(rough calculation 350 / 400 mb? lol)Sounds great :-)Andr

André

>Chris,>>The textures used in the VC are from photos taken by a few of>us from inside various 757sNorman man that's painter heaven with that material you can blow everybody away :-lolBoy that is a dream of mine to have that material I could surprise a lot of people :-lolAndr

André

Guest BMI701EGCC

i think PSS have finally turned the corner!i can now put you with PMDG and LDSwell done

Guest nearlyman

So, say, if I put in a flight plane route will there be a database in the FMC. Could I fly a real worl route say to Murcia? Is it the Pip?taBas

Guest NormanB

Using your example of Murcia, Jet2.com fly from Belfast to Murcia tomorrow morning using the following plan:-EGAA0500-N0465F370 DCT LISBO DCT IOM UL10 WAL UA34 KIDLI UN859 BALAN UL152 LMG/N0455F360 DCT AGN/N0452F370 UN860 VLC DCT ALT DCT-LELC0226-EET/EGTT0005 LFFF0046 LECB0139Putting that into the 757 looks like:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/152203.jpg

Hi there Norman!Just a quick question regarding your reply to the topic, where do you find information regarding the airlines actual flight plans?Is there a site or do you have to purchase the software?Also, does your source have access to First Choice Airways flight plans?RegardsJames

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.