Sign in to follow this  
Guest DonnoC

No Exterior Lights

Hi Everyone - I just bought the PSS 777 and have found a few nagging problems with it. I was so excited after hearing about a patch for it...I wanted a good 777. First I'm not a new comer to FS9 or simming, I have thousands and thousands of sim hours. I've got the 777LR, and Continental Livery from PSS. I was in the dark at Newark just now and had all the lights turned on and the only one that showed up was the logo light on the tail. No nav lights, no beacon or strobes, no landing lights or taxi lights. I also found that the radio stack quit responding to mouse clicks and I could't change the radio freq...but that is a topic for another post. Any ideas?Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi DonnoI read your post and thought I would try and answer. Although you have many hours of flight simming, are these hours on sophisticated models such as the Phoenix 777?. I think the two problems that you outline could be connected to each other and may be the consequence of either:1. Not following the recommended procedure for loading the plane, such as always start with a default plane then switch to the 777 or2. Maybe you are suffering from the well known flat battery glitch that happens with sophisticated planes. To cure this, if you have a registered version of fsuipc, then it is selectable as indefinite batttery life in one of the menus. If your fsuipc is not registered then put the apu on as quickly as possible (or external power) to stop the battery drain.so try these two recommendations to eliminate them from any other issues and report back so you can get more help if neededregards, and enjoy the planeJohn Calleja

Thanks Guys - I should have mentioned that the majority of my hours are in planes like the PDMD 747, 737NG series, the Level 767, etc. I did some more testing yesterday. I followed the tutorial available for download on the PSS site and while following that the external lights worked. If I however, started from a cold dark cockpit, connected external power, started the APU, disconnected external power, and tried the lights...they didn't work. I haven't taken the time to go step by step through the tutorial processes to see which little step is making it so the lights work all the time...but I'll do that later today when I have time. It also seemed to matter whether I selected the VC model or no VC model. The no VC model would work...the VC model would not. Very interesting. Oops - SorryDonno

Please dont forget to sign your posts with your name.The chances are that your default flight has been overwritten with a custom startup. Make sure that you are starting from a default flight before carrying out tests.