Sign in to follow this  
Guest brand_da_man

AutoThrottle Problem

Hi,I am having a problem with my AutoThrottle on the PSS 777. It acts as if the MCP or FMC doesnt have control over it! When its connected, the engines run up up to the set speed according to the MCP but then the autotrottle progressively increases the N1 until it is well over 108.0! It also looks like the shaded area of the N1 which shows the part being "used" runs out of the N1 "Area/Shape"Please help,Brandon

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Brandon,When you start FS is it straight to the 777 or do you start using the default flight?

Norman,I start FS using the default flight.Brandon

I hate to bring up ancient history but my last two long haul flights with the 777 have yielded a similar problem. However, this has occured when on a final ILS approach. It seems once I get established, with flaps partly down and gear down, while dialing my Vref speed into the MCP, the engines randomly spool up to max N1, blowing above 250 knots and causing the autopilot to nose the airplane down to stay on the localizer. Subsequent missed approach, disconnecting the autothrottle completely, becoming established again and re-engaging the autothrottle will fix the problem.Any ideas?

Sign in to follow this