Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix 1

777 Patch update by support staff please

Guest Phoenix 1

Sorry What upcoming patch ??We havent announced another patch yet but we are looking at these few remaining minor issues alongside the pending release of the 757.We will make an announcement regarding futher T7 updates when we can say something substantial

Dear Graham,I think you should call it a patch since you (PSS) are openly admitting that there are still issues to be solved. My (otherwise fantastic and exciting) triple 7 causes sim to lock up while altering waypoints in FMC. And therefore it is unflyable as long as the fix can be installed. Ultimately people get angry with PSS when you promote stuff to come and they can not use existing packages as they wish. All the best with 757 release but please release 777 patch or a fix or whatever you wish to call it first to show that you care customers who have faith in you. Perttu

The upcoming patch to fix these issues:1) Clock night textures when the floods are on2) Green lettering on various parts of the panel not showing up3) FMC problems with SIDS (random points being deleted)4) Autopilot disconnect EICAS message not clearing5) Some buttons (particulary on the FMC and the MFD display panel) require multiple presses to activate them6) Route oddities when selecting direct-to the runway fix (CFXX). Magenta line does not connect to aircraft7) Load editor that allows editing of cargo loads - was supposedly very close to release back in JanuaryAlso, on I flight I was conducting today into Heathrow, I adjusted the SID to include a hold at BRASO, as I was a bit early. As I entered the hold, I got the Heathrow weather, and entered the runway in the FMC. As soon as I hit EXEC, my entire route was deleted. I had to fly on HDG SEL whilst hurridly re-entering the route and the hold.Also, I was flying 2 legs today. I had the first leg set up in Route 1, and the second leg set up in Route 2. When it came to flying route 2 however, the FMC refused the enter CLB mode, and stayed in CRZ mode. I had to use V/S all the way up to cruise, and then wait about an hour before I could engage VNAV.The first 7 issues have been posted on this forum before, and PSS should be aware of them.And I think that fixing already released products that people have paid for in good faith should be a higher priority than a new release.

<<"Sorry What upcoming patch ??">>The post below certainly made me think there is patch in the future. What's the difference between a fix and a patch?<>

<>I agree completly with Phil, the initial poster :"I still find many small problems which although aren't making the plane completely unflyable, they do detract from the overall enjoyment of the package"The issues I have seen (by order of importance for me):1) The Flight Director of the 777 does not always follow Sids and Stars correctly (see thread "777 doesn't follow sids correctly ? " for examples). This is basic stuff for such a high-level plane!2) Stuttering when using the Zoom-panel 3) The Cdu Freeze problem ( I had it only twice)4) When you introduce a direct in the FMC to a point that is part of a Star arrival , or to the final approach point (e.g. CF35R) or to the destination runway itself (RW35R) the fmc seems to loose orientation. The heading becomes "000" and the magenta line starts no more from the aircraft but from a point far away. 5) When you do a direct to a point (in my case it was a normal waypoint, not a Star-arrival point) situated behind the TOD(Top of descent), the TOD disappears on the ND and is replaced on the progress page by the ED(End of descent) and Vnav passes immediatly in the descent mode (even if you are 150 miles away from the Tod). You must gess then the TOD by using the descent profile on the ND for example.6) in the 2d panel the sign of the VS (Vertical sped) is inversed.(in the VC it's ok) "-" increases and "+" decreases.7) bank oscillations with 777-300ER on Ils Autolanding.I think all this should well be worth a further patch!I think also that a list of known issues would permit to save much time and nerves for everyone, simmers and Pss staff.Guy

Guest Phoenix 1

Sorry guys you totally misunderstood me :) All i meant was there is no "UP-COMING" Patch yet ...It will be upcoming when we can say all issues have been discovered and made good.(no sense of humour these PSS guys):)

Thanks for the clarification.

Will it be possible to put a sticky at the top of the forum with all the current known issues? Stops us posting the same bugs again and again.

Phil initially asked: "Could someone from PSS provide some details on what the upcoming 777 patch will actually patch"We still do not know!A sticky with the "list of known issues" Pss is aware of and will try to patch would save nerves and time to everybody and also be better for the Pss image.Guy

Guest Phoenix 1

a sticky regarding these issues would distract from latest news.. however, you could always use the search facility before posting ?:)

Could someone from PSS provide some details on what the upcoming 777 patch will actually patch. 8 months on from the release, and I still find many small problems which although aren't making the plane completely unflyable, they do detract from the overall enjoyment of the package.I find it quite unnacceptable that PSS has taken my money, provided me with a plane that I couldn't fly for 5 months until the first patch came out, and now seem to be more focused on the 757 release than fixing the 777 to allow it to run as advertised.Maybe PSS need to look at how they are doing business - and aim to please their current customers rather than attempting to attract new ones and rake in more money.

Guest Mariner

And I thought that this was a support forum for current products not an advertising outlet for products which are not yet released which would be better communicated on the front/main page! I can see the logic, though, of not advertising the shortcomings of the present product in a "sticky". So "THE PATCH" will "be up-coming when all issues have been discovered". How will anyone know when that point has been reached? I suspect that will be when somebody finds out how long a piece of string is. Without a list of the issues currently being addressed then how is anyone going to know whether to report a suspected/alleged problem that also needs addressing? Indeed the whole gamut of shortcomings/faults/issues/bugs may never be discovered before this aircraft is superseded - and we will still be waiting for "THE PATCH" if the decision to release it is governed by the above criterion.A case in point: I recently saved a trans Atlantic flight just prior to the automatic pause before reaching TD. I saved the flight by overwriting the Previous Flight in FS, by saving it as a seperate Saved Flight file and it was also saved by Autosave. On resuming the flight the following day I found the "Previous Flight" had not saved the data entered into the FMC but that both the other saved files had done so. Should I report this phenomenon? Better search through the forum first and just check if anyone else has the same experience. Now depending on the specific wording of the search I had either no results or 56 separate results, the vast majority of which had nothing to do with my query. However I struck lucky and found the answer. But the next problem I encountered with all three saved flights was that when the flight was resumed none of the switches on the MCP would engage. When I clicked on them the tell-tale light just flashed but nothing else happened. Back to the Search facility, but after 30 minutes searching I have found nothing on the subject yet I have a nagging doubt in my mind that I read something on the same problem a while ago. Is it an issue that is being addressed? Should I report it as an issue?As has been demonstrated in the past, even when used by PSS personnel, as well as above, the Search facility does not always provide an answer. A list of known issues and those that are being addressed would help us the users to help you the developer to produce a product worthy of your reputation.No matter how much "latest news" you post on the Support Forum, after the disappoinment, frustration and time wasted I have experienced with the T7 I doubt I will be purchasing the 757 until "THE PATCH" has been released - which of course may not be until all issues have been discovered - whenever that might be. Doubtless there will be others who feel the same way.

Guest Phoenix 1

Gentlemen please..We have said that the T7 will once again be patched, and will stand by our decision no matter what is thrown at us in the forum.I repeat.. it WILL be patched