Sign in to follow this  
Guest lalo lolo1

Do I need to buy all liveries?

Guest lalo lolo1

Guys, I can't wait to have the 757 in my hands (PC ;)).However I notice that you are changing your sales policy for this product, selling 3 model and 80 liveries at 30 Pounds (which is about 58 US$).Will there be an option to buy parts? I am saying this as my interest is only in the 757-200 and both 752 Freighter + 753 will be parked forever in my hangar. Not to mention the 80 liveries as I never use more than 4/5 and one of them is AAL that I paint that one myself (you have a couple of mine in the 777 user edit section, although I have another 4 AAL repaints that I never uploaded). I understand the new policy is more like other developers', but I preferred the old one, as it allowed me to choose exactly what I wanted to install in my folders, plus of course, the fact that allowed me to save some bucks too.Will we have an option to buy just one model and just a few liveries?ThanksLeo

Guest bjjones

With regards to liveries, a couple of people have mentioned this to me on MSN, it's a little bit ambiguous in the way it states that 80 liveries are included by default, it makes it sound like everyone has to sit there and download the lot and then grin and bear it as they consume best part of 2GB in disk space.Your not as such buying any liveries, It's more a case of you buying a package which has upto 80 liveries available, I'll leave it to Norman to explain exactly how it will be done but I would guess it will be like the 777 All livery package, you download the traditional small installer, and you can select prior to anything else downloading which ones you want and it will get and install only those liveries.If you only want 4-5 liveries then thats fine, just select the 4-5 you want in the installation and thats all you get, if you want more, re-run the setup and pick away.

Guest lalo lolo1

I understand, although I still believe the older method was better. I know a lot of people critized you because they had to pay for liveries, but nonetheless I felt it was good to pay only for the exact things I wanted to use. Now I will pay 58 dollars for one model and 4/5 liveries, and will have available another two models and another 75 liveries but I will never use them. So again, I am paying 58 dollars to use about a 25% of the things I am being sold.Well, I've waiting for a good 757 for ages now, and yours is as good as it gets (at least that's what I see in the screenshots), so I guess US$ 58 are still worth it.Leo

Guest NormanB

Leo,You are the customer I expected ;)Sadly, as I am sure you can appreciate, we are damned if we do, and damned if we don't.The way I *intend* to make it is that you will have a choice of what to install and what to skip. As to how that actually happens I am not yet decided - I have a couple of solutions and have been weighing up them both over the past few days.Think of it not that the product you are buying includes the cost of the liveries, more that you are not paying extra for liveries.BTW,

Guest lalo lolo1

- You are the customer I expected ;)You were the vendor I expected, but the new policy I don't like. You still are the fine developer I expect.- Sadly, as I am sure you can appreciate, we are damned if we do, and damned if we don't.Whatever you do, there will be always somebody complaining about it, lol. I guess all the whiners that were unhappy of paying for liveries now understand what they produced.- The way I *intend* to make it is that you will have a choice of what to install and what to skip. As to how that actually happens I am not yet decided - I have a couple of solutions and have been weighing up them both over the past few days.Please don't delay the release because of this issue. We are a big bunch of guys eager to get the 757.- Think of it not that the product you are buying includes the cost of the liveries, more that you are not paying extra for liveries.Yes, I understand. Same as all other vendors.- BTW,

Guest Phoenix 1

Simply Put .. and I dont see how anyone could possibly criticise this.You buy a 757 .. You get 12 different models and all the associated sounds, panels, VC Manuals etc for

Those liveries are awesome guys!!My favourite has got to be First Choice, they are the best airline without a shadow of a doubt!!!Just one question is Ben not doing the Air 2000 tapestry livery, is it to late to put in this request?:-violin http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0721954/L/http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0854848/L/http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0572887/L/RegardsJames

Guest Chase87

Norman, I know this is somewhat off topic, but I had seen one of my good friends, Nick, had posted about the Palm livery for ATA. Do you know if Ben will be including that?

Guest NormanB

Chase,Only Ben can answer that. Those images I posted predate Nick's request.

Guest Chase87

Norman, Thanks for the quick reply! I guess we'll have to wait and see what Ben says. Thanks =)

Guest lalo lolo1

Oh, I didn't know the winglet version was being released too. Sweet!!Well I guess that makes two models I will use. I would have preferred to buy only those two models for a cheaper price, but I'll stop the subject here. I guess this is a commercial decision you made based on people's complaints about buying liveries and the fact that you will probably make more money. I will buy it one way or the other, so I guess there are other people that will do the same. It is fair considering all other developers do it this way.I would like to repaint the AAL livery myself (I painted all my fleet so they all look the same). Will we be allowed to upload in Avsim for example or is it going to be in the User's edit section? Will the PK be available soon?Thanks,Leo

Guest NormanB

Leo,Paints will continue to be hosted here in the User Edits in the same way as other PSS products. The restriction on uploading to other file libraries remains.As with other PSS products, a paint kit will be made available.

Guest bjjones

I guess we'll have to wait and see what Ben says. Thanks =)Just like the man from Del Monte, he say yay :-cool

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.