Sign in to follow this  
Guest aaflyboy27

777 GPWS

Guest aaflyboy27

I wanted to know if you could come out with an up date for the GPWS? It should start counting down from 2500. It only counts down from I believe 400 and it skips several others: (It should be: 2500, 1000, 500, 400, 300, 200, 100, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10)

Guest Tom Meyer

I might be WAY off here but, something like that I think would be a company option.

Hi, are you hearing the 300 FT callout?I asked this to Norman many weeks ago, and still waiting for an answer.Thanks.Miquel Egea.

Guest aaflyboy27

nope not hearing that one eather. It maybe a company option but most companys have the gpws starting at 2500 and counting down from there, it is mainly for safety reasons.

Guest skybo120

noooo....it shouldnt call out at 2500 feet...thats just when the radio alt. becomes active....its a company option when the callouts begin.....COA 777 callouts start at 100ft radio alt.Brian

Guest aaflyboy27

AAL starts out at 2500, DAL starts out at 2500 and so does United. Sincerely777 FO for AAL

Guest NormanB

That may be so but for example, in the UK the 757 doesnt need RA, only TA yet in the USA its a requirement.As to what the requirements / company options on altitude calls, I personally dont know.

The GPWS is a company options, 99% of carriers use the standard callouts from 2500ft, however for some its "Twenty-five hundred" others its "Radio Altimeter".Cheers

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.