Sign in to follow this  
baw716

777 Issues-An Open Letter to Graham

I have read the previous thread that you closed with regard to the issues which seem to pervade this 777. I have today discovered first hand the issue of the CDU lock up which, after 8 hours of flying, I found, at a minimum, to be quite frustrating. This message is not meant to throw more fuel on the fire regarding the 777. I do wish to emplore you to consider the following:You are in business to make money. We get that. However, the tone of your responses in some cases to close discussion on a support issue has been distressing; the CDU issue in particular is one which seems to be quite pervasive, from what I have read below. A lot of us have pleaded with you and your staff to fix this problem, yet we have nothing.If you want to promote the 757, go ahead, promote it. However, I think there are many people on this forum who are so disgusted with the kind of response that you have given those of us who have paid for the 777, you may find it a little difficult to get the 757 off to a good start. I say this in light of the fact there are at least three other 757 offerings upcoming in the market (iFDG, Level D and Captain Sim). The Level D seems to be the one closest to completion of the three.In fairness, those people who have posted angry remarks meant to do nothing but stir the pot should have their posts deleted. There is no place for abusive behavior on this, or any forum.With that said, if this is a support forum, then by all means, please keep it a support forum. There are many of us who need support on the 777 and we need it now.Of course, you could just delete this post. This is your right; it is your forum. I have been very careful over time to not post things which have already been said. However, this time, I have to act. I ask you not to delete my post. Should you do so, then I shall take note of that action. This is not the only forum on AVSIM.Please put of your sales skills into communicating the issues that we may expect to see in any "update". This will help your business cause far more than simply deleting posts or closing threads to avoid giving answers to questions which you do not wish to address.Sincerely,David Lamb/baw716

Guest Phoenix 1

Staying on subject entireley To answer the Support issues raised, and in the hope that people will use the search facility before posting further questions on the subject#1 the 777 will be updated to alleviate the final few problems suffered my a small minority of users. #2 The Update can, and will only be issued when the work is completed to a satisfactory level#3 The work is being undertaken at present in conjunction with development of other products.

DavidIt might help in resolving the CDU issue if you could put the details of your lock-up in the post specifically for such reports - Page 3 "Tracking CDU crashes for PSS"Also, as many of the ones reported have been difficult to repeat - were you able to reproduce the CDU crash?John Rooum

John,Thanks for the info on Page 3.I will attempt to reproduce the CDU issue; I'll advise if it happens exactly as before.I will post my incident on the "Tracking CDU Crashes..." thread. Just a comment: It was the first time the CDU had locked up on me. That said, I haven't tried to insert specific waypoints either...but as I said before, after 8 hrs and having this happen...I wasn't a happy camper.Many thanks,Dave Lamb

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.