Sign in to follow this  
jay907uk

Problems with B777

Hi,Thought would go and have bit of fly but noticed a few things from two different sceniro's as follows: Started FS2004 with default flight,then turned off battery,master switch and engines on cessna then loaded the B777 as usual.1) Turned on the Strobes,beacon,landing lights and rest but they were not working.2) On the ND the VOR's where only displaying the numbers and no letters.3) Didn't intercept the LOC or GSAfter the flight done the above again started with default flight then loaded the B777 with engines running and nothing switched off.1) All lights working ie Strobes,beacon,taxi lights,landing lights etc.2) ND display the vor's where displaying the letters aswell as numbers.3) Never flew again so couldn't try LOC or GS but I would imagine this would of worked this timeDid I turn something off I shouldn't off for the lights and the rest not to work when I loaded the default cessan flight could someone offer any advice.With the Load Editor the slide button just below the ZFW and fuel thing what's that exactly for as can't find anything in the manuals. Also it is correct to use that number for the CG as have seen previous posts relating to changing the CG to 18% and moving some cargo containers not that I can find them again any help appreciated.I still find the airplane climbs to quick and CDU sometimes still freezes.What should the tilt be when taking off or when you get to your cruising altidue as I go by the B777 tutorial which was produced and just use that again is that correct and what does everybody do with regards to when they select the Tilt when they are preparing to do a flight with the B777.RgdsJason Thompson

Jason Thompson

Jason,A couple of answers as the PSS guys are probably v busy at the moment.1. First problem was because you switched off the battery in the default flight - always start with the basic default flight, and then load the 777. If you want cold and dark, use the PSS gizmo.2. The slide on the load editor sets the fuel as required and provides the CoG for you to set in the CDU.3. DO a search for rate of climb - it has been discussed many times.4. See the post on this page about CDU lock-ups.5. Tilt - again do a search for wxr radar.John R

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.