Sign in to follow this  
Guest Discovery1

PSS Boeing 777-200LR

Guest Discovery1

Hello,Can anyone help me with this.I purchased a copy of the Boeing 777-200LR Base Setup and also a copy of the 777-200LR Pro Liveries on-line. The model flies wonderfully during the take off and cruise phases of flight however, there are two 'problems' that I wondered if anyone could help me with. I have installed the new patch (version 1.1) however, the problems still persist.My first question is regarding the 'Arrivals' page in the'FMC'. On page 20 of the FMC manual, it states under 'Approches' 'Runways equipped with ILS have ILS in their name'So far I have not come across any airport runways that show thisin the 777-200LR product. For example runway 28L (page2) at KSFOsimply show's as 28L, whereas with other FS2004 add-ons 28L show's as ILS28L. I have tried several airports,(eg. KLAX, KJFK, EGLL, PHNL) but so far have seen no ILS equiped runways indicated .. is this the way it is intended, or am I doing something wrong?My second question is regarding Autoland. This tends to be a littleerratic, the aircraft very rarely makes a good landing without medisengaging Autopilot and manually lining up on Glideslope, thenengaging Autopilot once more. What seems to be happening is thatwhen the aircraft is descending, it will turn some 20 miles beforereaching the next waypoint then fail to realign with the 'magenta'route line.Then at some airports (eg. NFFN in Fiji) the aircraft(on finals) willbegin to acelerate to over 200KTS with IAS set at 149KTS and APP and FLCH pressed, resulting in a crash.Is there anything anyone can suggest, I have already uninstalled andreinstalled several times.Many thanks,NCC1701

Guest stephenspeak

when you press the LNAV button twice it stops it from following track,turn it back on track by way of the HDG SEL button then press LNAV again,this should make it follow track again,as for the airports and ils etc www.navdata.at and download the latest pss airac and sid/stars,you don't use flch on approach it should follow the localiser then the glideslope if low enough,usually 3000ft agl,if you need to lose height use the vspeed button(next to alt select) steve :-jumpy

To add: you can also confirm that you have an ILS runway by looking at the RADIO NAV page of the FMC - you'll see the ILS frequency of the runway you have selected tuned there along with the heading. I too see no ILS beside some runways but just ignore it and I do have the latest AIRAC. It even happens with other payware addons.Hope this helps.John

Guest Discovery1

Hello Steve and Bryna,Many thanks for your kind suggestions.Well I've downloaded the latest airac and sid/stars, unfortunately the problem is still there. On descent into Tokyo on a Guam - Tokyo (PGUM-RJAA) flight (utilising the 'ARIESS' star for Tokyo), passing through 27,000' and approx 31 miles from the 'ARIES' way point, the FMC proceeded to delete the next four waypoints .. ARIES, D095Z, CVC and BEANS. The 200LR then initiated a left-hand turn towardthe ORION (3000' ASL) way point 17 miles distant. Naturally I paused the flight and attempted to input the 'ARIESS' star once again, however on each occasion the FMC deleted the way points all over again. In the end, I decided to introduce the 'BAFFY' way point (taken from FS9 Flight Planner), once again the 200LR turned early and arrive at 'ORION' at approx 4200' ASL and ultimately failed to make contact with the runway (34R) .. but at least it did not accelerate to over 200kts on finals on this occasion. I guess I'll have to wait until a new patch becomes available andsee if that helps. I did send an e-mail to PSS support back in April, but never did receive a reply.Bryna, many thanks for the info re the ILS indications on the 'NAV RADIO' page of the FMC. This is what I had been using beforebut was hoping there was another way, as you never quite know whether the runway you have chosen is ILS equipped until you are in close proximity to the airport.Thanks again.Regards,NCC1701

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.