Sign in to follow this  
Guest NormanB

757 Questions...

Guest NormanB

Adam,Fully is a term I would hesitate to use since at which stage is it fully? For example I say fully and someone complains that for example circuit breakers are not included (for info they are not)IRS is implimentedLoad editor allows pax and cargo seperately, despite most airlines going with a fixed amount per passenger in real life.

Thanks for the reply Norman. As for fully implemented, I meant that which is possible within FS. For the electrics, I basically mean that will they have a function? For example, will the drive gen disconnect switches actually cause the engine generators to come off line? Or will the main busses be powered to the extent that switching one off will affect their respective systems, etc?...I would never expect a reasonably priced (very reasonably, I might add) add-on for FS to model such items as circuit breakers as they generally don't get much use anyway. So, by fully, I mean that will the switches work: do the IRS' need full alignment and CDU entry to be fully online? Do the electrics require all "sides" working for proper operation? I have run across the odd add-on where turning off the generators has literally no effect on systems functioning. This is weird to me... Well, enough drivel. I appreciate the level of customer support you (speaking of everyone at PSS) have already provided; and this for a project that isn't even released yet! Thank you so much for the help!-adamBy the way, if you think that the answers to these questions will influence my purchase...well, I already preordered it. The 75 is my second favorite real-world aircraft (next to the 76) and since I heard that you all were developing one, I knew I had to go with PSS. Thanks again!

Guest NormanB

Adam,Im going to let one of the others - Steve, Iain or Michael - answer this one since they are much more familiar with what all these systems do. Im just a poor Airbus guy looking at the pretty lights ;)I do know that the IRS needs full alignment and CDU entry (you can also set it to auto or a number of options in between). The rest I will leave to the others in case I make a mistake ;)

Hi,1. IRS:- Yes they are fully functional not 100% tested yet tho.2. Electrical System:- Hopefully it will be as accurate as possible, we are using. I and a few others have access to a 757 Flying manauls and QRHs, so it should be pritty close.3. Loadeditor:- Not seen it yet, but I trust Norman!Cheers

Thanks a whole lot! Sounds like (and looks like from what I've seen) a stunner! I think even I am beginning to drool. Good luck with the testing. I'll be there eating the bandwidth as soon as release for the pre-orders comes (unless I'm vacationing in Canada), In which case, oh well...I'll get it when I get it. Thanks again.-adam

Hi,I for one would like to know whether the EICAS engine configurations and values for RR and PW will be exactly as those previewed, or maybe were "bitmap mounted" as a rough example? ThanksTom

>Hi,>>I for one would like to know whether the EICAS engine>configurations and values for RR and PW will be exactly as>those previewed, or maybe were "bitmap mounted" as a rough>example? >>Thanks>>Tom>If you look at the numbers on the preview screenshots they differ on a number of them which means they are either using a number of different 'bitmap mounted' images*, or are displaying the readings themselves. Add in thatthe 777 displayed the readings and you can soon reach your own conclusion.* The lighting effects shots were done by changing time and lighting on a stationary plane so show the same engine settings as throttles and such hadn't been moved. Which is why they look the same on those shots.

Well, I must think that indeed they used a composition of different bitmaps and not a real single situation. Otherwise, wouldn't be good because there are notorious inaccurancies on both the aspect of some gauges and the real data they must show. Tom

Guest Steve_Park

Tom, I think this is the 757 flight simulation you are seeking: http://www.cae.comDon't expect a 15 million pound simulation for 30 pounds.:-smile12 Steve Park

Steve,I would expect that, for example, EPR digital display shows 2 decimals instead of 3. I think shouldn't be a big deal to model this very simple thing. There will be people who don't care about proper (basic) system modeling; I really do and probably others do as well. That's the reason of my question. And it is not aimed to criticize a product that hasn't reach the streets yet, and which I didn't even know if will be delivered with EICAS as shown in previews, but instead an observation of basic things than could be easily amended before the public release. Tom

Guest NormanB

It took me a while to figure what "bitmap mounted images" meant. To clarify, Ben would have taken the screenshots by positioning the plane in different situations. This was a real panel at the time, not something created in Photoshop.

Hello Folks, First of all, this is not one of those "when will it" posts. I am totally comfortable waiting as long as it takes for this product to be fully ready. Totally bug free would be a stretch but very close would be great. My questions are: will the electrical system be fully modelled? The features list on the website doesn't specifically state as such. Second, is the IRS system fully implemented? I assume both of these systems are fully modeled as I would expect no less from PSS. Finally, will the load editor have the capability to modify both pax and cargo separately for the passenger models? The reason I ask is that with the T7, the cargo load for the pax models is more or less fixed. This is one of my two complaints (next to the cockpit sounds before startup) that really stick out with the current 777 (hint, hint). Okay, that's all. I look forward the impending release with patient anticipation. Good luck on final testing guys!-adam

> not something created in Photoshop.>That can be real to hehehe :-lol I'm sure everything will be fine :-)Andr

André

>Steve,>>I would expect that, for example, EPR digital display shows 2>decimals instead of 3. I think shouldn't be a big deal to>model this very simple thing. There will be people who don't>care about proper (basic) system modeling; I really do and>probably others do as well. That's the reason of my question.>And it is not aimed to criticize a product that hasn't reach>the streets yet, and which I didn't even know if will be>delivered with EICAS as shown in previews, but instead an>observation of basic things than could be easily amended>before the public release. >>Tom>>EPR display is now only 2 deciamls, the 3 decimals was an error of an early beta.Cheers

Guest NormanB

>EPR display is now only 2 deciamls, the 3 decimals was an>error of an early beta.I wonder who found that one Iain? A snippet from the software we use to track bugs (this one was fixed a few days later) Bug EPR Gauge DescriptionEPR Gauge currently reads in 1000's (EG 1.100) when it should read in 100's (EG 1.10) User submitting Iain Sealey Submitted 7/2/2006 11:02:45 AM

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.