Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rolf

Autoland - nose wheel steering

Guest Rolf

Hi,since the pre-relaese and even after updating my system with the patch I am suffering from a problem during autoland. Every time after touch down the plane 773ER goes to the right or left and leaves the runway. Steering is quite hard and the plane behaves on the runway like a "drunken sailor". I detected the following detailed behaviour: During autoland just before touchdown APP is automatically disabled and LOC enabled. After touchdown LOC is also automatically disabled e.g. I am in the rollout phase. Just in that moment the nose wheel tires are changing to 45 degrees right or left. Looking through the forum I found a lot of similar messages and I tried all the following:- newly calibrated my joy stick- used a different joy stick- disabled the autopilot in cfg. file- tried several autobreak settingsIs there anybody who knows really how to solve the problem (switching off the autopilot is from my point of view a "work-around")or when this bug will be finally solved by Phoenix?Thanks,Rolf x(

Guest Rolf

Hi all,it is interesting to me that looking through the forum I see a lot of similar comments regarding landing with the 773ER with "Autoland" - but nobody seems to have a solution. Not even Norman because I also sent him an email and until today I did not receive any answer or comment to my problem. I really believe that Phoenix is currently much more interested in the 757 than to solve long time existing problems. Or am I wrong and everybody is working on this problem so hard that there is no time for anything else like answering?Rolf

Guest Phoenix 1

#1 The completion of the 757 is important for the future of the company as it the finalising of the 777#2 The Gauge and FDE Development on the 757 is DIRECTLY Linked to the few remaining problems in the 777 as the Aircraft and Systems (as far as flightsim is concerned) Are very similar#3 By completing the development of the 757 and aleviating these issues both the 757 AND 777 will be totally sorted#4 It makes NO sense whatsoever to fix the 777 as a Priority when the development currenty underway for the 757 is acheiveing the same end result as we can simply patch the code in the 777 with the corrected 757 code.Of course the same applies to CDU Crashes, Fix page, RA TCAS and steering

That is probably what is holding the release of the 757. Therefore once the 757 is released the T7 will be fixed( FMS issue, etc) at the same time? Or is a patch will be needed for T7 ? Keep the good work and good luck. Carlos :-shy

Graham,Thank you for the clear and conclusive information.I strongly believe it is exactly what your customers are looking forward to.Best Rgs Perttu

Guest Knikolaes

Knocking out 2 birds with one stone (or wrench in this case). Way to go, PSS :-)

Guest Rolf

Hi Graham,I am working in IT-Management of a big international group so I know what I am talking about. A company developing commercial software would not survive even one year with such a customer treatment.Phoenix could have done it also the other way around e. g. fixing the problems for the 773LR and then using the results for the further development of the 757. But this would delay the 757 and for the "future" of the company this sequence seems to be more important than satisfying existing customers who paid for the product a long time ago.But finally at least Phoenix confirms that there are still major issues not solved. Looking through the forum and Normans answers somebody could get the imagination that there is no problem with the 773LR because his system is always working fine. If this would have happend in our company I would have asked our suppliers for some kind of a refund, something "free of charge" or a discount for the next product. I understand that sometimes someone has to set "hard" priorities but then the "suffering" customers should not be forgotten. You should show your customers - as they are the economical base of your company - that you appreciate their support. Here I am missing a clear sign (not just another statement) from Phoenix.Rolf

Guest NormanB

Rolf,Reading your post it could be inferred, or perhaps it is my imagination, that you are saying my posts are all "I dont have a problem so it doesnt exist" - that is not the case. Such threads as the one where we directly requested user help in tracking down the crashing were created because we understand taht some - note not all - of our users are experiencing some issues.As simmers ourselves we want each and every one of our customers to enjoy the aircraft in the same manner as we do - its the very ethos of why we do it.We don't forget our customers; existing or potential. This I am sure you must agree with based on the way we have completely changed a number of policies over the past couple of releases. Firstly in the way we handled user edits and now with the pricing change where everything is in one package; not to mention the way our forum no longer has all posts queued prior to being displayed.

Guest Victor Sussman

>#4 It makes NO sense whatsoever to fix the 777 as a Priority>when the development currenty underway for the 757 is>acheiveing the same end result as we can simply patch the code>in the 777 with the corrected 757 code.>>Of course the same applies to CDU Crashes, Fix page, RA TCAS>and steering>Wow -- all I can say is wow! :D That is just music to my ears and, in my mind, will really enhance the 777! :) I appreciate the work you guys (all developers, really) do, and this was just a much unexpected (and welcome) surprise! :D My VA is going to be introudcing the 773 early next year, and I'm really looking forward to it!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.