Sign in to follow this  
Guest UA1K

PSS 777-200LR Autolanding

Guest UA1K

I've recently added the PSS 777 to my hanger. I've done serveral attemps to succefully autoland to no avail. Everythings works well (aircraft following G/S, LOC in APP mode, LAND 3 confirmed) until about 200' RA the aircraft starts flying above the G/S then at runway threshold it abrutly slams the plane down onto the runway for a very ugly landing. Has anyone experienced this and might know what the cause is? I'm using downloaded real weather through FS9 with altimeters set accordingly.

Guest dt1951

Please sign your name per forum guidelines. Do you have the correct speed in the A/S window? Do you have A/T engaged? Is Vref set in the FMC?

Guest UA1K

Sorry, forgot to sign my name. I do have the A/T engaged set at final approach speed with flaps at full. Also, I set this Vref in the FMC at TD. Do I need to disengage the A/T just before touchdown? I've also noticed that the real weather snapshot from FS2004 seems to be providing me with unusually low atimeter readings for non-storm conditions (readings givin via ATIS or ATC) such as 29.68 for KLAX. Do you suspect that this could cause this kind of problem?Thanks!Eric

I have had the same experience. A/T comes off when you hit reverse thrust, so I don't think that's the problem. When the plane goes down, does go "head first"? Does it try to land on the nose gear? That's what I have experienced. Could this be related to the AFCAD file?

Guest UA1K

Exactly. Almost nose first everytime. Not sure if it's AFCAD related. Anyone know more about this...?Eric

Guest Ron Service

Have you tried autolanding at a default airport, i.e. unmodified with AFCADS. I have'nt had any trouble landing at LAX, but I know that AFCAD files can cause problems if there are partially overwritten files.Ron

Ok, I'll try a default airport and see how it acts.Thx a lot :)Cheers,

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.