Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix 1

Subject: "RE: Tracking CDU Crashes for PSS, crash

Guest Phoenix 1

I Have deleted this thread as we are in the process of testing the 777 service pack #2 ;) HERE is the list of Fixed items we are currently testing Update 2.0==========o FIX INFO page and associated ND symbols addedo FMC locks up related to vertical profile constraints entry - fixedo FMC Place-Bearing-Distance entry now accepts decimal pointo Calculated takeoff V speeds now depend on OAT or assumed temperature, if entered.o DIRECT TO a runway CF fix causes immediate descent disregarding the MCP altitude - fixedo The FMC will no longer lock into descent phase when flaps are extended in climb.o FMC doesn't auto reset 30 seconds after landing - fixedo When coords are entered into FMC "ENTER INERTIAL POS" field, the last digits reset to zero - fixedo The PERF INIT page now accepts new cruise alt when in-flight.o Entering new DEST and executing changes on the RTE page now clears all route legs and reverts the AP to basic HDG HOLD + VS modes.o Initial VNAV descent speed is now the same as cruise speed.o ERASE prompt not displayed when DES NOW selected - fixedo Changing FMC destination airport will now change current FMC phase of flight to Climbo Setting aircraft on ground from flight using slew or FS "Go to airport" menu will now revert FMC phase to Pre-flight and reset the FMC route and performance data.o FMC route and performance data will now be reset 30 seconds after landing.o Entering new cruise alt now re-activates Cruise phase of flight.o Entering a new cruise alt while in flight will always request the EXEC confirmation o Entering different DEST didn't display its name in DEST field until executed - fixedo Entering different DEST erased ORIGIN - fixedo When the FMC sequences to a DISCONTINUITY leg, the AP now reverts to HDG HOLD mode.o Pushing INIT REF while airborne didn't select APPROACH REF until cruise stage - now will always select APPROACH REF when airborneo When an arrival runway and STAR is selected, selecting another runway sharing the same STAR, without re-selecting the STAR again, removes all the STAR waypoints - fixedo FLCH can be engaged when MCP selected alt = current alt - fixedo If A/T ARM switch toggled off and on, the thrust mode remained blank even if a pitch mode was currently active - fixed. Appropriate thrust mode is now selected.o The AP DISCONNECT warning will now extinguish when the disengage bar is returned to the UP position.o Selecting APP with LOC active was arming LOC again - fixedo LNAV and VNAV can no longer be selected if there is no active route or FMC performance data.o Selecting GA during approach didn't disarm FLARE and ROLLOUT - fixedo VNAV doesn't engage when flying at cruise alt - fixedo If assumed temp was used to derate the takeoff, this assumed temperature was mistakenly used instead of actual OAT to calculate the climb power afterwards, resulting in really poor climb performance - fixedo The green reference EPR limit indexes on the EICAS engine display are now replaced with magenta Commanded target EPR indexes when under VNAV.o TCAS Resolution advisories, aural and PFD guidance implementedo The FSUIPC offset for SquawkBox 3 Transponder Mode C is now set when the transponder selector is at XPNDR, TA ONLY or TA/RA. It is not set at ALT RPTG OFF positiono Transponder selector now defaults to STBYo Errors in fuel system logic fixedo Engine vibration readings adjustedo AOA limit indicator jittering on ground - fixed. Also the indicator is now shown only if flaps are extended.o WX radar tilt displayed on HSI doesn't exactly match the knob position - fixedo Pressurization outflow valves will now close in attempt to stop leak when aircraft doors are opened in flight.o GPWS TERRAIN warning sensitivity adjustedo PACK switch OFF light and PACK L/R message are now displayed when a pack doesn't have sufficient bleed air supply pressureo Panel switcher is not lit with instrument lighting on - fixedo Outside scenery window height adjustedo Button, switch and selector sounds addedMANY thanks to all who contributed and allowed us to investigate a lot of scenarios .... Standby for release information please as there is NO news other than that above(for now anyway)

Guest Trans_601

Thanks for the update Graham!

Great news.Looking forward to the update.

Thanks Graham, that looks very comprehensive!

Graeme Butler

No wonder you guys are taking such a long time to release the 757 and T7 patch !! That list of fixes is impressive and I think it took a lot of time, effort and testing to be completed. Congratulations excellent job.:-)

Guest Knikolaes

Sheez, Graham. It's about TIME you guys did SOMETHING besides play online . . . . . Just kidding . . . just kidding . . . heheh. Wow, that is a huge list. I had no idea about half that stuff!!! Looking forward to this and that 757. Looks liek this is going to be a stunning 777 SP2 and 757 release.

Guest ilrcflyboy

Very nice work Graham. You must have known that I dusted the 777LR off yesterday for a long haul to HNL.Thanks so much for the update!Brian EthingtonBloomington, IL

Excellent news.757 nearing touchdown and a 777 maintainence update.Should keep me busy for a while.

Hi,thank you, thank you, thank you!That's way more then i expected for the patch and a quite impressive list of changes and fixes. Can't wait to get the update!janosch

Graham,Thanks for all these fixes (most of which I didn't know were "broken" to begin with) - making an already great plane even better.Do I presume correctly that the fixes described above also reduce or eliminate the issues around turning prematurely for STARS during approaches?Thanks for the update.

Guest Bo Boschung

I have noticed a few things that would be worth fixing, please. They are operational on real B777 aircraft:1. On the Route page, there should be a prompt at 6R for entering a route offset. North Atlantic traffic now has the option to fly an offset from the filed track. The procedure allows you to offset from an aircraft ahead and above you for wake turbulence relief, and also to avoid the high closure speeds when meeting another aircraft going in the opposite direction, separated by only 1000 feet. It happens more often than you might think.2. The Legs page there needs to be a prompt at 6R to enter a course that you want to intercept to a fix. Should read "INTC CRS TO". So instead of just proceeding direct to a fix, I can choose to intercept a course to that fix from any direction. This feature has many applications.3. The upper EICAS display should have three engine instrument readings there: EPR, N1 and EGT. This may be subject to airline preference though.4. On the NAV page when flying an ILS I should be able to retain the VOR freq that is already tuned. As it is now, when I activate the ILS, the left VOR freq drops out and is replaced by the ILS freq.5. The mach display in the PFD should open up and display only mach speeds at and above .400. As it is now, it displays .000 and above.6. On the VNAV page, ACT ECON CLB, at 2L I should be able to insert any airspeed and mach I want, but presently this is not the case. Airlines have other numbers than the Boeing performance numbers that need to be inserted here.Thanks, Bo

Graham,impressive list, I'm very much looking forward to it. Quick question though, has the fluctuation in FPS that some users experience on some systems been addressed?Thanks for the update Graham.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAMD64-3400,1GB/3200DDRAM,WinXP(SP2),DirectX9.0c,Geforce6800(128MB)(Det.84.21), CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

>I have noticed a few things that would be worth fixing,>please. They are operational on real B777 aircraft:>1. On the Route page, there should be a prompt at 6R for>entering a route offset. North Atlantic traffic now has the>option to fly an offset from the filed track. The procedure>allows you to offset from an aircraft ahead and above you for>wake turbulence relief, and also to avoid the high closure>speeds when meeting another aircraft going in the opposite>direction, separated by only 1000 feet. It happens more often>than you might think.>2. The Legs page there needs to be a prompt at 6R to enter a>course that you want to intercept to a fix. Should read "INTC>CRS TO". So instead of just proceeding direct to a fix, I can>choose to intercept a course to that fix from any direction.>This feature has many applications.>3. The upper EICAS display should have three engine instrument>readings there: EPR, N1 and EGT. This may be subject to>airline preference though.>4. On the NAV page when flying an ILS I should be able to>retain the VOR freq that is already tuned. As it is now, when>I activate the ILS, the left VOR freq drops out and is>replaced by the ILS freq.>5. The mach display in the PFD should open up and display only>mach speeds at and above .400. As it is now, it displays .000>and above.>6. On the VNAV page, ACT ECON CLB, at 2L I should be able to>insert any airspeed and mach I want, but presently this is not>the case. Airlines have other numbers than the Boeing>performance numbers that need to be inserted here.>>Thanks, BoThis will delay more the product. Plus we are asking for a 30 Euros plane not a 20 Million Euros real simulator. Carlos :-eek

Guest Bo Boschung

comparison deleted

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.