Sign in to follow this  
Chaos81

some big bugs.. quite big..

The only one I can help you with is the first one. What are you putting as you reserve fuel? All the insufficent fuel warning is telling you, is that you will arrive at the destination with less then what you have as your reserve fuel. If you set that at say, 50,000 lbs, you will get an insufficent fuel warning if you fuel at destination is less then 50,000 lbs.So basically, it sounds like you need to set it lower, and not have it up so high. If you already have it low, and are still getting it, even though you have enough fuel, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Guest aarskringspier

None of those are bugs just operator error. Set your reserve lower in the CDU, and for the call outs its quite simple they werent included in this version. I believe the update/patch in the future adds these.

Hello,1) No matter how much fuel I put in, I always get, "INSUFFICENT FUEL" alert on my CDU. now, on a LHR-JFK flight you don't need 200,000lbs of fuel. Any idea how to avoid this alert? BTW, I did use the load planners for the information as well.I'll double check tomorrow (hopefully) but this is fixed in the upcoming Service Pack.2) I cannot load flight plans into my cdu. FSbuild used to save the flight plan for me, but now that doesn't work. However, I used to be able to have say, LAXSIN.RTE and then type that in and voila! there is my FP. now I do that or use .b2r and I do not get a flight plan. My Q is: what folder can I place my flight plan(s) in and what must the extension be so I am not having to manually type in the flight plan.The CDU should pick .PLN files from the folder "My Flight Simulator Files" or similar located in "My Documents". .B2R is the PSS file format, and only Flightplans saved from though the CDU can be saved in this format. These files are saved in your PSS 777 folder within FS9, after the 777 Service Pack 2, ALL PSS Filghtplans will be saved to FS9/PSS/Flightplans whilst both the 777 and 757 will also search the old folder as well.3) callouts: how come we do not get the 80kts and such call-outs?There are none.4) when hitting one of the short cut keys for one of the other panels they used to load on top of the main panel, however, now they load behind or not at all.. Do you know how I can fix this? Would a simple re-instal of PSS777 do it?This is a common problem when no startiung from the defualt FS9 Flight, before loading the PSS 777 or in fact any other add-on airctaft you should always start with the defualt flight, be it the defualt cessna flight at Meigs or Seattle. If either of these flights are not your defualt flights, change it back via the select a flight -> others and select the defualt flight, and tick the box stating "makes this the defualt flight" or similar, close down FS9 and re-start it for the change to take effect.Cheers

Guest C172pilot

Well, after weeks of trouble shooting,and searching several FS forums for these answers, all of which have no worked. I decided to ask you guys. (figured I'd trouble shoot myself before I ask).So, here I go:1) No matter how much fuel I put in, I always get, "INSUFFICENT FUEL" alert on my CDU. now, on a LHR-JFK flight you don't need 200,000lbs of fuel. Any idea how to avoid this alert? BTW, I did use the load planners for the information as well.2) I cannot load flight plans into my cdu. FSbuild used to save the flight plan for me, but now that doesn't work. However, I used to be able to have say, LAXSIN.RTE and then type that in and voila! there is my FP. now I do that or use .b2r and I do not get a flight plan. My Q is: what folder can I place my flight plan(s) in and what must the extension be so I am not having to manually type in the flight plan.3) callouts: how come we do not get the 80kts and such call-outs?4) when hitting one of the short cut keys for one of the other panels they used to load on top of the main panel, however, now they load behind or not at all.. Do you know how I can fix this? Would a simple re-instal of PSS777 do it?Thank you very much! I really look foward to getting myself back into a fully functional FS9!!!! :-)

Hi,Fuel PlanningYour #1 is nothing really to do with reserve fuel. It appears that, whilst on the ground at the departure airfield, the FMC is not calculating fuel useage based on the climb/cruise parameters that you have inserted. This only appears to start once airborne. However, I have found that the fuel planner itself is reasonably accurate based on the eventual calculations from the FMC and the actual fuel I have landed with.For example, I am sure that you have found on your transatlantic flight that, as you get into the cruise, the fuel at your variuos waypoints begins to increase and after an hour or two, you will see a realistic "fuel on the ground" stabilising at your arrival airport [i took off an hour ago on a 7 hour route and am watching this happen].John Rooum

Guest dt1951

Hi C172 pilot, please sign your name according to forum guidelines. One thing you might want to look at is your trip distance on the progress page, after you input your flight plan. That has caught me a few times. Just becuae there is a SID or STAR doesn't mean that some random waypoint is out in left field.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.