Sign in to follow this  
Guest patrickzfr

772LR nose "yo yo"

Guest patrickzfr

Hi everybody!Perhaps all what I will say has already been written, but I did not find any answer to my questions..I have installed since few days the PSS 777 with SP1 package on my computer and I mostly use the 772LR.It runs fine, but I have a big problem during the flights. During Climb, Cruise and Descent, the nose of the plane goes up and down very quickly like front "turbulences" all the time. This yoyo is very boring, giving sea sickness to my passengers... and also to me in front of the screen!I use FS in normal mode, without time accelerationI tried different settings to my FS9 (it is FS9.1), tried different versions of FSUIPC (3.48, 3.50 and 3.53), checking the boxes "Clear all weather", "Weather settings off" and "Normal defaults", but it is still the same. The plane moves up and down very much, randomly, with normal wind (FS default is 270/24) and at any altitude, even in approach, but during approach, it moves also left to right even with very nice weather, as if was a storm around!Also,just after landing, after disconnect A/T and Autopilot, while breaking and slowing down, it goes left or right by itself on the runway.I am using FSPassengers, and all the time my passengers have very bad mood because of these unjustified strong turbulences.. and I get big penalties because of that :-(I have many other payware and freeware aircrafts (CLS, PMDG or Level D) for long time and I never experienced such instability for these aircraft, only with the PSS. At this state, this 777 is unusable for normal flight conditions. The Triple 7 is not originately designed as a fighter aircraft!My hardware configuration : Pentium 4-3GHz - 1 GB Ram - video 6800 GT 256 MB.Any suggestion to fix this so big problem?Thanks in advance for your answers.Patrick

Guest NormanB

Patrick,Are you using the PSS load editor? Are you then setting the CoG?

Guest patrickzfr

As I use Fspassengers, the configuration for pax, cargo and fuel is done by FSP when preparing the flight.It gives me a CoG of 24%. Is this value not correct? What would be the good one to avoid this yoyo? ;-)

Guest NormanB

Patrick,Use only the PSS load edit tools. They give the CoG needed at any given config. We cant support the use of FSPax for loading.

Guest patrickzfr

Ok. I will try....But how can I initialize a flight with FSP without configuring pax, fuel and cargo?

Guest NormanB

You can tell FSPax to not edit the cfg. I dont have FS on this machine so cant give you the exact options.

Guest patrickzfr

I searched in FSP manual and in the software, but I don't find the option to disable the loading of the aircraft for passengers and cargo settings. When FSP is launched, I always go to the "Load Aircraft" screen. I just found a box to check in the 772LR payload file "Disable position calculation" which I checked, but impossible to bypass the Load Aircraft page and just launch the flight in FSPax..Maybe I did not search at the correct place ??

Guest patrickzfr

I have found the answer in FSP site's FAQ.When checking the box "Disable position calculation" in the 772LR Payload Model file, this disables the weight calculation of the aircraft and it is not updated for the flight, keeping the datas of the aircraft.cfg file loaded by FS9. Only the sliders for passengers number work to give to FSP the number of passengers onboard.So now, the plane is much better to fly ;-) no more yoyo during any phase of the flight like before. Many thanks for your help Norman!But now, I have a new (small) problem when landing. In LAND 3 mode, the plane does not flare enough and the nose is too much down. The FLARE mode is well started at 50 feet RA, but the plane's nose does not go smoothly up as it did before with the "yoyo" settings.The touchdown landing vertical speed is now around 500 ft/mn, very hard landing.. and before, it was around 200..Any ideas? Thanks !

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.