Sign in to follow this  
Guest master_warning

757 CDU problems

Guest master_warning

I'm probably doing something wrong but my CDU is not working properly. I just get a black screen. I click the buttons to see if it reacts, but it just flickers and goes back to a black screen. I tried look for setup procedures in the manuals for the CDU but nothing related to that. Can someone help? The situation was engines off, ground power on, all systems working.

Guest NormanB

>The situation was engines off, ground power on, all systems>working.Can we have some more details please. like which aircraft, how you started FS, etc etc.Oh and a name is always nice as per our forum guidelines too please.

Guest master_warning

The aircraft was American Airlines. 757-200RR No winglets, hatch over wings. Started with 757 on the gate at KTPA loaded from the create flight menu. As soon as it loaded I shut engines off to begin pre-flight settings. I established ground power connection and activated it. Then when I turned to the CDU that's what I encountered.Esteban Aldarondo-

Guest NormanB

Estaban,How are you loading the aircraft? Please ensure you start from the default flight before changing to the 757 rather than using the create a flight menu.

Guest master_warning

I choose the 757 from menu. Then load the flight into the airport. Thats how I load my PSS777 flights all the time with no issues. You want me to load the cessna default flight at ksea, then load the 757, then change airport? I can try that and see how it goes.Esteban Aldarondo-

Do you mean that for every flight we do we have to go via the default flight, that seem's ludicrus to me!Sam

Guest cdeck

Hi Norman and PSS Team,Great job with the B757. Congrats to all on her release!Everything seems to be great except I am having the same problems with the CDU/FMS.I start with the default FS flight in the Cessna 172, then change to the PSS B757. I have tried several different models of the 752 and all have the same effect.If I load it with the engines running, there is no problem. Everything works fine. The problem is when I try to load it with the engines off or with the cold and dark setting checked.It seems the CDU screen never gets any power. When everything is powered up via APU or ground power, the CDU screen never comes on. In fact, if I start with the engines running and I do have the CDU, if I turn off all power (engine generators/standby power/battery) then turn them all back on again, everything powers up except the CDU.Very strange. Thanks for the help.Chris

Many developers including PSS and PMDG advise to do this.

Eric 

Guest master_warning

Well I tried it, and I can confirm what cdeck said. The problem persists, even if I the 757 from the default flight. All variations. I didn't change the airport or nothing. I followed the same procedure: Shutdown engine, connect external power, and activate it. The CDU has a black screen. The CDU does work when the engines are on...when I loaded the 757. If engines are turned off and then turned on again, the CDU still won't work. Never seen this before.Esteban Aldarondo-

Guest VetJet

>Do you mean that for every flight we do we have to go via the>default flight, that seem's ludicrus to me!>>SamSam:Anybody who has been around the FS add on community for any amount of time knows that the cure for most add on problems is to load the default cessna first every time (location doesn't really matter, just the plane) with any PSS, PMDG, level-d etc... It's not ludicrus, it's just a fact of life for FS simmers. I admit it is a pain sometimes, but the extra 2 min of loading saves you a world of headaches.Regards,Whadzen

Guest OneTinSoldier

>Do you mean that for every flight we do we have to go via the>default flight, that seem's ludicrus to me!>>SamIf you start up Flight Simulator with the default Cessna 172 as the default flight, there shouldn't be any problem. In this case, you do not need to start a flight and then switch to a complex aircraft.As long as the default Cessna 172 is loading up when starting FS, just pick the PSS 757 or whatever complex aircraft you choose, select your starting airport, ect... THEN start the flight(fly now button).If you are flying a complex aircraft and wish to switch to different complex aircraft, then you should first switch to the default Cessna and let it load up, then switch to the other complex aircraft.As B777ER metioned, all complex addon aircraft developers will tell you that this is neccessary in order to avoid having strange things happen.Hope that helps,Jim Richards

Guest XaRGoN

I did it like you told to,I start at KSEA in the default cessna with the default flight and still CDU ain't working,Autobrake not working,Bleed air not moving,and you can start with the packs on etc etc...any suggestions? Erez

Guest NormanB

>any suggestions? >ErezNot until I have finished downloading the same files as you have. Nothing that you are saying here was manifest during a very detailed test over the past number of months.

Guest jeffg

I am having the same problems,I am using the 757-200 PW Delta.I am starting with default 172 shut down the prop and master and loaded the 757.I went into setup and made it for cold and dark and fast INS and when I loaded it back up the INS never loads up keeps saying align and blinking the fmc has a black screen but when you click buttons will flash what should be there than back to black.I put the autobrake into rto it than switches itself back to off. JeffG

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.