Sign in to follow this  
Guest master_warning

757 CDU problems

Guest master_warning

Is it just me also or is anyone else having a real slow down on their fps when using the plane? I just seem to notice a large performance drop compared to the PSS777 or LevelD 767. I bet it's just the level of detail, but I found it strange. I also noticed that on a recent flight, the LNAV function doesn't track the route very well. In fact, my plane flew at least 1 or 2 miles to the right of the displayed route on the map and didn't respond to the change in direction from the next waypoint. Anyone had these problems?P.S. The performance is just as terribly low with the gagues refresh rate at max or at the lowest setting. In the 777 there is a change in FPS but not in 757.Esteban Aldarondo-

Guest Phoenix5

As Norman has said this did not happen durring testing.We are both in the process of downloading the same files that you guys have, so we can try and reproduce the error in order to find a solution.As you can imagine, the servers are working overtime at the moment and we are seeing the same download speeds as everyone else, as soon as we can we will be looking at this closely.

Guest jeffg

Just a follow-up I loaded the United 757-200 and the plane loaded to cold and dark and I than set up for ext power and than started the apu.I have the IRS set to instant load and still they just blink off and on and never loads up.I still have a black screen for the fmc and the HSI display never comes up or the ADI.I am getting a tcas failure when a transponder code is put in and set to tara.I also have a very bad drop in FPS as in the 2D cockpit its 4-5 fps.I hope this a just a glitch in a file for right now the 757 is unflyable. JeffG

Guest cdeck

Thank you, guys- Chris

Guest cdeck

Jeff,I think the reason there is no data showing on your ADI and HSI along with the blinking IRS align warning is because you haven't entered a LAT/LON position into the CDU/FMS. The problem is you can't do that because there doesn't see to be any power to it at the moment... :)My suggestion is to load the 757 with the engines already running for now. Everything seems to work okay and I have had a couple of successful flights with it.- Chris

Guest mikesmashing

Just to follow up, did a quick bit of testing.Load up with engines running - but don't reach for those cut off switches just yet.Fire up the APU, and let it start up ("Run" showing on APU annunciator). Ensure the APU Gen is connected to the power bus ("ON" showing on "APU Gen" - this is the default anyway).Then, shut down the engines.Voila. CDU display stays up. It just seems if you let it go dark, it won't come back again.This seems to work okay for both Pratt and Rolls variants.I've not tried it with ground power instead of APU yet, but I'm guessing it behaves similarly.Cheers,Mike

Guest jeffg

I loaded up the default cessna again and this time set the options to do not change in setup and restarted and loaded up the default flight and than the 757 PW Delta and everything worked.All the problems in the cold and dark are not there now.I also rebooted again and still frame rates sill 4.6 to 6.3 in 2D.I have a P4 3.2 with 1 gig ram and an ATI 800 with 256 ram on the card. JeffG

CDU not working here either, just an fyi,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest jeremy19446

Working fine for me.

Same here, Everything works fine until I go to a cold and dark situation. Everything fires up except the CDU. Frame rates are good for me though. I'm wondering if somehow the CDU files somehow got corrupted with all the traffic on the server or in the upload process. Just my two cents though. Haven't had much time to fool around with it but so far it looks great. Thanks.-adam

Jeremy,If you set Cold and Dark and then restart FS and start from Cold and Dark bringing the ext pwr and then APU's on line the CDU works for you? How can that be if forty minutes after this post you posted in another post stating you were getting a config error? Not trying to pick on you but trying to make sure we have correct info for PSS.-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guest Kelm

Hi,I meet the same CDU problem here...After downloading the files (4 hours...), i load the default FS flight, then select a 757. With the default startup situation, the CDU is working properly. After selecting the C&D situation from the PSS setup, I meet like the author of this thread the same problem: CDU display only a black screen.Just noticed that during the plane shutdown seq, (just after the flight is loaded), if i quickly select the CDU, i have no problem. After, even by following the tuto, I cant obtain any display from the CDU.I know that all here, and guys from the PSS team in first, would have liked to avoid this kind of problem, for the release of this product. But, for being honest, i'am just fot his moment disappointed, and even more, like i thinked that after this long period of testing, the 757 will be really ready and without bugs.Pierre.PS: I also meet at the end of the install this error message: One or more files failed to update correctly. This is due to a communication error or high bandwidth demands. Please run setup again and select "update configs" to fix this installation."I restart the setup, and select update configs, but i meet always this message. Dont know if there is any link with the CDU problem.

What Jeremy says is possible - I can start the AC fly, etc even though I get the update config error.However, I do unfortunately have the CDU issue.Joe Lorenc

Joe Lorenc

Got ya, two differnet issues, thanks for clarifying Joe, sorry about that Jeremy.I am trying a re-install now to see if it help with the CDU issue. Last time I did not select FSUIPC so I made a backup of my current module and .ini and selected it this time. Download seems to be flying right now so I have nothing to lose...Sorry again Jeremy,-paulPrimary RigLiquid CooledAMD FX-57 @ 3 gigsAsus A8NSLI-Premium2 gigs Corsair XMS PC3500LL 2 3 2 6 1TXFX 7900 GTX 690/1750XFX 7800 GTX 515/135024 inch Widescreen LCDDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1khttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7800 GTX 515/1350 Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.