Sign in to follow this  
Guest master_warning

757 CDU problems

Guest DJL

I don't have that CDU issue but I have a strange quirksitting at SAN for a flight to SFORoute:PEBLE3.SXC.VTU.RZS.J501.BSR.BSR2after entering basic data on the FMS, when I select the departure SID.. it's all fineI click on index and the SFO to select my arrival STAR, click on BSR2 and fs freezes .. .. ?? tried it twice... I start with default onthe ground and then load the aircraft.I thought I rebooted before trying this, but I will reboot again and see if it is still there... **edit**forgot to mention that I undock the FMS and move it to my 2nd monitor********anyone?Thanks DJLhttp://www.centuryhangar.com/siggy.jpg

Guest wjerla

Same problems here. CDU works as long as I don't start cold and dark. If I do, then CDU doesn't work, IRS never aligns. :(One other issue is that when I did get CDU working, the HSI display was blank, saying TCAS failure. Also, I couldn't get the Autobrakes to set to any position besides 'Off' or 'Disarm'. Had engines running, hydraulic pressure was good.Another note: When I first downloaded the 757, I got an update configs error. I tried flying the aircraft then, everything worked except the CDU (as far as I could tell. I had HSI, TCAS, and Autobrakes, in any case.) After I updated the config from the installer, this was when the TCAS / HSI / Autobrakes problem started.I'm using PW 757 w/ overwing exits, DAL 2001 version.

Guest Andybancroft

My CDU is just a black screen aswell , apu is on, and everthing is setup

Guest Kelm

Umh, sorry to ask that, but if PSS guys are able to reproduce this CDU issue, can we hope a quick fix for it, or must we wait like "the rest of flight simulation world" to use without prob this 757 .

At work at moment so can't test, but...I read that for some addon aircraft if you select the cessna for setting up as cold and dark and shut it down you musn't turn off the Avionics as there is no equivlant switch to turn them back on in the more advanced addon jets.Don't know if that helps anyone.

There may be no switch, but you can always assing a keyboard key or joystick button for it. But in this case it simply doesn't work. I have the same issue with avionics and external lights in the 777 as well, but in that sim my avionics assigned joystick button does work.

Rune B.

>There may be no switch, but you can always assing a keyboard>key or joystick button for it. But in this case it simply>doesn't work. I have the same issue with avionics and external>lights in the 777 as well, but in that sim my avionics>assigned joystick button does work. Confirm that here too.Starting with default cessna - whether or not avionics switch is left on or switched off then on via keyboard does not change the issue.Joe Lorenc

Joe Lorenc

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.