Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chase87

VC Question

Guest Chase87

Norm, I'm not sure if this was answered and some how I completely overlooked it over if it was said, but is there a way to use a model with no VC?-Chase

Guest NormanB

Chase,We went with the all in one approach. Including the NO VC along with the RR and P&W split was making things just way too complex. Looking at the FSX demo it seems that VCs are becoming (much to my dismay) the norm.

Guest Chase87

Norm, Thanks for the reply. Is there any chance that we can find a way to get rid of it? I know that just sounds terrible, and the aircraft is great, but hte one thing I wasn't expecting was no option to not have a VC. I find that even if I'm not using the VC, I drag. Though, without it I'm fine. Thanks!-Chase

Guest NormanB

Whilst its not something we advocate there is a method using a hex editor. Somebody recently posted about it again on the airbus forum. You will understand it is not something we can support.

Guest Chase87

Norm, I fully understand that it is not supported. I just didn't know that no VC wasn't an option when I bought the aircraft. VCs just don't work that great for me and drag me so low on the frames. -Chase

Guest Chase87

Norm, Sorry, on another subject, I noticed that when I installed the a/c, I didn't have the option of picking which liveries I wanted. They seem to all be installed. Went back to the setup and there is no options to chose which liveries.-Chase

To bad VC is becoming the norm. I even have Track IR3 and still dont like VC. The clarity of 2D is soo much better. I hope 2D panels are always supported. I will never understand why people insist on VC.

Guest Chase87

Norm, I've been looking around on the site, but was it ever mentioned any where that the VC was the only option for the 757? (Just making sure I didn't miss it when I purchased it)-Chase

Guest NormanB

>Norman , is the 777 affected (VC) with the upcoming patch?If you mean has the no VC model been removed then no.

If there is a quick way to get rid of the VC please let me know. As soon as you press "S" when switching views and it passes the VC view, man does it pause and drag down the system. Thanks!Jack

Guest Trans_601

Guys, I have a hex editor which I use to delete the VC's on planes.Email me at jellwood@avsim.com and I will give you instructions, plus a link to the editor I use. It's a quick process, but if done wrong can have bad effects.

>Guys, I have a hex editor which I use to delete the VC's on>planes.>>Email me at jellwood@avsim.com and I will give you>instructions, plus a link to the editor I use. It's a quick>process, but if done wrong can have bad effects.You've got mail Joe.Many thanks.

Guest Trans_601

Oops, sorry mate.It's jelwood@avsim.comOnly one 'l'. My last name is spelt with two, just that for some reason the email is with one - so naturally I posted with two 'l's.Email me again at the above address and I'll get back to you.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.