Sign in to follow this  
Guest American 390

Frame rates with the 757

Guest American 390

Hey guys...I just wanted to report I'm getting very low frames/studders in the 757. Doesn't matter what livery/engine type, It seems that I'll have good frames on the ground but when I get up into the air, they drop dramatically - 12,13 FPS. Thats not normal at all, usually they go up in the air...Lowered the refresh rates of the displays to 9, then to 6 but same problem. Look forward to hearing if any other reports exist.

Guest master_warning

same here :-(Esteban Aldarondo-

Guest Phoenix5

Mike,I know it does not help you, but durring the testing I was getting constant FPS around the 22-24 mark (locked at 25).Norman and I are downloading the release files to see if anything was accidently changed or broken in making the installation package.

Oh man. It seems THIS is the norm for addons. I am in the middle of downloading and when complete will report what i get. If I dont get good fps I don't know why PSS hasnt resolved it because I am pretty much sure they aren't using a system as high end as mine which means they would have probably have had less fps and smoothness than my machine. Again i will not state anything or criticize until I test this bad boy.Jack

Guest American 390

Thats fine Steven, I'm still playing around and the frames seem to jump a lot. I was on final with the 2d panel, and everything was perfect. If I look to either sides, without the side and forward VC views, the frames will be low. Then it'll start slowing down and now I'm at the turnoff and they've gone back to 10-12 frames. I've got no doubt if this is a problem others are experiencing, it'll be fixed. One last comment, while on final, my outside forward view seems to be off the horizon. It seems to be centered a little above the horizon making for a tough approach view. I've tried the Ctrl+Enter Ctrl+Backspace but those are too big a change. Any way to make smaller increasements/decreasements.Edit: I've been flying around and it seems I'm getting BETTER frames/smoother flying in the VC. Are you guys trying to make me use the VC now? hehe :(

i wish developers would post their test rigs specs so we all know what you are testing this stuff on... chris

Guest Phoenix5

Chris,With more than 30 beta testers,and the PSS staff, we believed that we had covered the majority of users set ups.My set up is:Dual screen (19" BenQ and 17" HP LCD)Nvidia GeForce 6600 128MBAMD 64 3200+ processor1 GB RAMXP Home SP2

Guest Chase87

Hey guys, Just wanted to give a helpful hint for anyone who feels like going through the tiny bit of trouble. In a previous post I was asking Norm about the VC. He mentioned to me about another post in the Airbus forum relating to "removing the VC". This is obviously an unsupported approach to getting rid of it, but, if your desperate, and don't mind using a hex editor, you'll gain an additional 10 frames. Anyways, check out the Airbus forum and find the thread relating to the VC. It pretty much explains what to do and is fairly simple to follow. Just make sure you back up any files! (And remember, UNSUPPORTED). This took my frames up from 19-20 (ASV6,SB3,FlyTampa) to 29-34 using the same software on the side. Hope this helps a few ppl.-Chase

Guest flytrumpet1

Well,after waiting about 4 hours to download the 757,i finally load it in FS(after loading the default flight)and FPS are totally awful(so were the AA textures)....have no explanations since i'm getting 40+ and crystal clear textures with PMDG 744, LDS as well as PSS great 777.I uninstalled it,did a defrag and i'm in the process of redownloading...might not finish tonight though...I hope it was just a bug from downloading the first time...or it would suck quite a bit.Anyway,hopefully everything will be sorted out and we'll get to fly that very promising plane.BTW i have a 2.8 pentium, 1gb ram with a GeForce 7800 GT.Good luckRichard in CYHZ

Guest Chase87

>Well,after waiting about 4 hours to download the 757,i>finally load it in FS(after loading the default flight)and FPS>are totally awful(so were the AA textures)....have no>explanations since i'm getting 40+ and crystal clear textures >with PMDG 744, LDS as well as PSS great 777.I uninstalled>it,did a defrag and i'm in the process of>redownloading...might not finish tonight though...I hope it>was just a bug from downloading the first time...or it would>suck quite a bit.>>Anyway,hopefully everything will be sorted out and we'll get>to fly that very promising plane.BTW i have a 2.8 pentium, 1gb>ram with a GeForce 7800 GT.>>Good luck>Richard in CYHZThat tip I posted above yours may help you. Like I said, did a number on my computer until I got rid of the VC. (Though Norm, it was a good looking VC ;-))

Guest flytrumpet1

Are you saying that getting rid of the VC solved the FPS problem?If it does,i really hope PSS decides to include that mod into the package to avoid the many posts and email they're going to get.I just find it very strange that with the PMDG and LDS VC the FPS don't kill the whole plane(and whole scenery for that matter) as much as the 757 does.Again,maybe it's a bug during the download process as i received some error message just as it was finishing the installation.Also,it kind of suck to have to remove all the liveries you don't want,as opposed to not install the ones you don't want...but my knowledge of programming and such is not vey high so i'm not sure how hard that was.Thanks for the reply.Richard

Terrible terrible FPS. 9 fps. check out my system.AMD fx-60Asus a8n32-slidual 7800 GTXThere is no WAY i should have less than 30 fps.Jack

Guest Phoenix5

Jack,As I have said before, Norman and I are downloading the release files to see what is different. We are subject to the same download speeds as everyone else. 2 hours 30 minutes into the download/install process I am at file 5. As soon as we know something we will pass it on.

No problem Steven. I am not attacking it. Other than fps, the plane seems very nice so far.

Guest bjg747

Just to chime in, I am seeing the low/variable frame rates too. I have a 256 MB GeForce 6800 card, Centrino Pentium M 2.13 GHz, & 1 Gig Ram. The frames vary alot, I get 10 fps one second then 35-40 the next resulting in a very stuttery flight. Other than that it looks good...real good.John

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.