Sign in to follow this  
Guest American 390

Frame rates with the 757

thanks steven. i should have no problem getting about 2x the performance you achieve. i'll just have to wait about uhm.. 16 hours now (i think) so i can get it :)

Guest DJL

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ X2ASUS A8N-Sli DeluxeATI x800xt 256MB PCIe1 GB DDR400frames are fine until I look outside the windows... then it drops to 9 and stays at 9otherwise they are at 25/28 locked at 30How do I set the repaint speed? I saw someone mention to play with it.. cannot find it..http://www.centuryhangar.com/siggy.jpg

Guest malawicob

I am also experiencing frame rates in high 20's until side views are activated, then drops to 9 -11 fps. System specs AM2 athlon64 4200+, 1 gig ram, 7800gt xp sp2. Otherwise outstanding.Pat

Guest CoasterXtreme982

I don't understand it. I have adjusted different settings and am still getting 2-5 FPS I even turned traffic density from 34% to 2% and still no improvement on the framerate. I have a 2.8Ghz processor 1GB RAM and a Radeon 9800 pro. I know my system is not amazing but I certainly shouldn't be getting 2-5 FPS in every kind of view.~Matt Sorce

I found out that the fps problem occurs as soon as you open the VC for the first time... And if you look to the side, the VC is loaded. I have a frame drop from 20 fps (locked) to 8-10fps as soon as I do that. Afterwards, frames stay low even when I switch back to the 2D panel :(P4 3,4 GHz1,5 GByte RAMGeforce 7800GT 512 MB

Guest Nasder

I am getting a >5 FPS all the time, it sometimes jumps up to 7 real quick.I got a AMD 4000+, a ASUS Geforce N7800GT (256Mbyte) and 1 gig of Memory, I get around a 20fps drop when I load the 757, doesn't matter if I look in side views or in the vc, it just never goes up.I've lowered my update speed for the EFIS things to 6, it gave me a 1fps boost. from 2-3 fps to 3-4 fps.I really hope there is something wrong with the install base file, if it's not I have to say that this is unflyable for me. I'll try a re-install later though

Guest NormanB

I dont have the proper file name to hand but please check that you dont have a dll in your modules folder that has a name something like tcas.dllIm unable to test the release installation for a few hours (nipped into an Internet caf

Hello,First of all this is a heavy fil you are installing, so I would suggest defragment your hard drive before and after installation, this is what I do, every time I install some thing. For info I use Diskeeper for this as the internal fs defrag system is crap.Second, check that you DO NOT HAVE in your module folder a DLL called: DSD_XML_tcas.dllDuring 777 beta test, I have suffered a very important loss of frame rate as of this.Hope this helps.PS I have just finished installing the public files and this DLL was not installed on the module folder.Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

Norman,Don't have the dll, as above, lowering refresh didn't help things much. Activating any side view results in a permanent drop in observed FPS, in my case, down from 20 to between 4 and 8, occasionally up to 12, which causes considerable stutters, heavily imparing manual approaches. Hope you guys are able to narrow it down to a bug somewhere.

Guest Nasder

Removing that file gave me another boost, I now have around 10fps on the ground (wich is fine by me), I can get more if I tweak FS9 some more too.Let's see what I'm able to do.Thank you for letting me know about that file, probably someother addon I have that have installed it.Anyways, once airborn my FPS went to 23-25, then I looked left real fast and it dropped by 10 when loading the VC. Still flyable for me though.So great job on this plane indeed.

I have just made a quick run from KSE.On my rig all in fs is maxed out, including cloud distance to 80 Nauticals. I have a P4 3 gig, on Asus P4P800 and 2 gig of DDRAM. FS in on the second hard drive, and I have 15 to 25 oscilating and a variation of 20% of the frames.Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

Guest UKPilot

Just wanted to add to the thread:-Downloaded today at 0945 local UK time.I am getting 5-9fps in 2d, VC and external, plus FMC is blacked out.Just to add, when in a cold a dark situation FPS are up ay 24. Once powered up it drops dramatically, even tried refresh rates from the setup menu at lowest setting, it has a slight improvement frames around 15fps but it flicks between 10 - 15 at deafault SEA.Setup as in sig..

hi,after deleting DSD_XML_tcas.dll and DSD_XML_tcas.ini, the frame rates went up to around 30-35 fps when loading the plane in outside view. switching through the views, (after pressing "s" once) i get around 15-20 fps in 2d panel mode, which is very flyable for my. going back to the outside view ("via" the vc panel) fps drop to the 5-8 fps i used to have before deleting the above mentioned files. by the way, the problem is similar to the one i

Well IF i delete these files what is it going to do. I don't need the headache of it messing up another addon or something.jack

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.